450 Bushmaster

I have one never planned on bear hunting with it. I would have to check my book to see what my load is. It is right at an inch for 3-shots at 100yds. It is hell on pigs. Very impressed with the accuracy of the rifle. I run night vision on the rifle. Runs flawless on 12x20 silhouettes at 250yds at night. Fun gun but lots of muzzle blast. I can check on my load if your interested. I think it would be plenty of power for a black bear.

Adam

Couple vids on YouTube of black bear hunts with the .450 Pretty much anchors 'em right on the spot...

I've seen plenty of them fall in front of a 30-30. They're not really hard to kill. I would imagine that 450 would do it to it pretty good.

The 450 Bushmaster should make a great bear rifle loaded with the right bullets.

The factory loads should work but I'm not sure if the flex tips would be the best choice for that use.

With a huge selection of bullets in .452 diameter, you should be able to find the perfict bullet for bear. The round definitely has enough energy and in an AR platform Enough rounds for follow up shots if needed.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts