450 bushmaster Suppressed

SO92

I'm looking for recommendations on a suppressor for 450 bushmaster. Anyone using one or can recommend one? Im struggling to commit with what i see available today in the big bore offerings and looking for real world advice. Thanks.

SiCo Hybrid 46. I have one in process specifically for a future a pig gun in either 45-70, 458 SOCOM, or 450 BM. Very interested in doing a side by side with the Saker762 and Omega on 300 BLK.

SiCo Hybrid 46. I have one in process specifically for a future a pig gun in either 45-70, 458 SOCOM, or 450 BM. Very interested in doing a side by side with the Saker762 and Omega on 300 BLK.
I shoot 5.56 and .308 through them as well. Suppresses fine, but also gives the option of the .46 caliber size. It will also work as a pistol can with the supplied piston/booster, but heavy compared to dedicated pistol cans.
I love the Omega 300 for applications where larger than .30 is not needed. Lots of mounting options on both.

Thanks for the feedback.

it appears the hybrid is a favorite so far and one of the oldest offerings (Been out awhile).

I also was loooking at the Bowers vers, coastal, Rebel and liberty.

I have the Bowers VERS 458 and VERS 50 as well. The Bowers cans are bigger, but beats out the Hybrid on volume. I need to shoot all 3 side by side to see sound difference when it warms up a little outside. The Hybrid wasn't available when I bought the Bowers cans. I shoot it on a 10.5" 458 Socom.

I use my Silencerco Hybrid 46 for 338 WM (Ruger 77) , 45-70 (Marlin Guide Gun) and 450 bushmaster (Ruger American Ranch). IT does heat up quickly and after three rounds out of the 338 WM you got to let it cool.

The Silencerco I believe is significantly lighter and a bit louder as is isn't as big as the Bowers, but for a hunting suppressor it answers nicely as you aren't going to be shooting much more over 5 rounds anyways.

Hydrid 46 = 17.3 oz; 7.8"
Obsidian 45 = 12.8 oz; 8.6"
Bowers vers 459 = 23 oz; 11.25"

Last edited:
I've got an obsidian 45 on order I plan to use on an AR40, 1911, and my 450 bushmaster. I have plenty of 30 and 22 cal cans for my other firearms and have read nothing but great things about the obsidian.

I have shot my Hybrid extensively with my 450 BM bolt gun and it keeps it right at hearing safe (about 139 dB...I used to work for a suppressor company and I measured it with the correct equipment). Not hearing safe with the 45-70 Guide gun it measured about 146dB and the 338WM 24" barrel at 149dB also not hearing safe.

But for hunting, shorter is better as is lighter as you will carry much, shoot little (well most of the time).

Hybrid owner here too. 45-70 - great to practice with powdercoated lead plinking loads. Heck of a lot cheaper than other options.

Attachments

• 20200922_163519.jpg
    20200922_163519.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
I have shot my Hybrid extensively with my 450 BM bolt gun and it keeps it right at hearing safe (about 139 dB...I used to work for a suppressor company and I measured it with the correct equipment). Not hearing safe with the 45-70 Guide gun it measured about 146dB and the 338WM 24" barrel at 149dB also not hearing safe.

But for hunting, shorter is better as is lighter as you will carry much, shoot little (well most of the time).
How do you figure out that 139db is hearing safe?

140dB shows up in suppressor literature so often because it's the specific impulse threshold in MIL-STD-1474D for required use of hearing protection. Right, wrong, or indifferent that's what is commonly used.

140dB shows up in suppressor literature so often because it's the specific impulse threshold in MIL-STD-1474D for required use of hearing protection. Right, wrong, or indifferent that's what is commonly used.
But basically the info says 140 dB is "permanent hearing loss", and 130-140 is "less than 1 second in an 8 hour period"-- so basically it's only hearing safe for 1 or 2 shots per day-- suppressors are not hearing safe if you fire multiple shots per day.

If you could get it down to 127db you could have up to a full second of exposure per day

124db is 3 seconds max, and so on

Recent Posts