.450 bushmaster scope recommendations

IHFarmer07

Just received my .450 upper and I'm torn on an optic for it. I'm used to long range scope needs/wants but something for say up to 300 yards max range, maybe even 200 yards max, not sure of the capabilities of the upper and the .450 BM.
Was thinking of a prism sight like the primary arms microprism, maybe a 1-6x24 sfp or a prism scope.
Any other recommendations under $350 is the budget.

Thanks

I use a VX-3 with CDS. The drop beyond 150 and especially 200 yards is notable. Shooting at a target beyond 300 you're more likely to hit in front or behind it, not above or below, due to the rainbow trajectory.
The 450BM ballistics are very similar to a 12 gauge slug or a muzzleloader bullet with sabot, for comparison.

They do make ballistic reticle scopes for the 450BM if that's your preference.

I use a VX-3 with CDS. The drop beyond 150 and especially 200 yards is notable. Shooting at a target beyond 300 you're more likely to hit in front or behind it, not above or below, due to the rainbow trajectory.
The 450BM ballistics are very similar to a 12 gauge slug or a muzzleloader bullet with sabot, for comparison.

They do make ballistic reticle scopes for the 450BM if that's your preference.
Not really into the bdc type reticles unless they're ffp, then that's probably over my budget.
200 or 300 yard shots are probably going to be unlikely but if a case would occur I might would take a poke at the deer. This will mostly be a heavy brush gun with moving shots…..that's why I was thinking if I'd go with a low power variable scope with a reflex added somewhere or a 1x or 3x prism. I guess I could also use it as a home defense weapon also.

I have a 1-6 on mine, I'd prefer a 3-9

If I zero at 190 my mpbr is 220

If I zero at 100...my 300y drop is 8.75 moa
Thanks!
What's your closest shots to your farthest you've shot deer? I wonder how a pistol scope would do? Something I can keep both eyes open on close targets and something for up to 200-300.

I've had an eotech and a vortex diamondback hp 2-8x32 on mine. I like both. I have several eotechs so I'm used to them. I like the mag range and adjustable parallax on the vortex. I have the 2-8 on it now since the wife uses it too. If it was only me I'd probably stick with the eotech. We've shot several deer around 60-70 since that's where they tend to come out where we setup but I've taken one around 170.

I'd probably look at the primary arms 1-8 or 1-6 either sfp or ffp if I was shopping now. Athlon has a 1-10 that's a 34mm tube with a 28mm objective compared to the 24mm that's normal on the 1-6 or 1-8s.

Just received my .450 upper and I'm torn on an optic for it. I'm used to long range scope needs/wants but something for say up to 300 yards max range, maybe even 200 yards max, not sure of the capabilities of the upper and the .450 BM.
Was thinking of a prism sight like the primary arms microprism, maybe a 1-6x24 sfp or a prism scope.

Thanks
I have a Leupold 3x9x40 patrol tmr firedot sfp on my 450 bm. Its ok. Hate sfp. My 16" BM upper slings factory Hornady custom 250 gr ftx's at 2143 fps and at about .6 moa. I bought 10 box's of it a long time ago before anybody started making brass for it, and it shot so good I have never started reloading for it yet. And only Hornady made dies back then.
Here's my dope shot out to 300 yards before on steel. So really 230 yards is max effective range imo. I try to stay above 1000 #'s of energy for deer. Ive killed 2 with it, but both were under 50 yards. I have some lil gun and ftx's waiting to reload when necessary.
For under 350 bucks Id go 10x SWFA or a Vortex Diamondback tactical with the mil/le discount if you can get it.
Edit: server issues no uploads at the moment, may try later. But the drop is a ton so a reticle capable of compensating for it is necessary

I use a leupold mark ar 3-9-40 with a mil dot reticle on my 18" 450. Zeroed at 100 my drop is 1.1 at 200, 2.0 at 250 and 3.0 at 300.

Thanks
I have a Leupold VX-Freedom3-9, it is for the 450 Bushmaster. It's on my 20" upper.

Thanks
SImilar deal on my end. I started with an EoTech because I was in thick brush type woods....then I went to a friends place....all open fields and power lines. Couldn't put horns on a buck, and I missed out because I wasn't sporting my bino's. Switched up to a Vortex 1-6 LPVO. Much happier now.