.450 Bushmaster kill

scrmblr1982cj8

I killed this hog a few years ago during deer season. I shot him from 26 yards. He ran 14 yards and crashed into the base of a pine tree. He weighed 226 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_1051 - Compressed.jpg
    IMG_1051 - Compressed.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 166
Scrmblr,

Nice hogs in the last several posts. so when you going out to get some more?....BTW welcome to the forum.

i've tried to tell people that these darn things are tough, but to run after soaking up a .450 BM? Maybe now they'll get the message.

Again, welcome!

Packrat

I'd love to go hog hunting tonight, but my wife gave birth to our daughter 3 weeks ago, so I'm on lock-down for a while.

I live in SC. We have tons of hogs, but don't really have the quality of hogs that I am looking for. I'm waiting for a 350+ lb hog so I can get mount his head. The biggest one killed around here in recent years topped 460 lbs. The photo I attached is my largest kill to date.

Hogs are incredibly tough. I've not recovered one shot with a 300WM and also not recovered one I shot with a .338LM. The .338 LM blew out over a gallon of hog guts and I still couldn't find the hog. I gotta give the hogs credit since they truly are tough.

Scrmblr,

Nice hogs in the last several posts. so when you going out to get some more?....BTW welcome to the forum.

i've tried to tell people that these darn things are tough, but to run after soaking up a .450 BM? Maybe now they'll get the message.

Again, welcome!

Packrat

That's cause he shot it with the .458socoms little brother. Lol. Just kidding
I'll be working in SC this summer for a few weeks and be back and forth a bit. Any chance you could hook me up with a spot to hunt? Don't care the size and ill fill the feeders no problem. Just love to hunt hogs.

Funny how the one that went the farthest after being shot this year was with my 338lm. Killed the one behind it in its tracks but the other made it 300 yards

I'll be working in SC this summer for a few weeks and be back and forth a bit. Any chance you could hook me up with a spot to hunt? Don't care the size and ill fill the feeders no problem. Just love to hunt hogs.

I think I can find some place for you. Send me a PM with dates and I'll start working on it.

Hi Snox, where you been?...i don't really care what he shot it with, in fact could have taken it down with a machete like someone i know claims to have done. But then again we both know that source isn't creditable...LOL

Anyway good to see you back!

Packrat

ramblr,
pretty good hogs there. looks like a fun gun too. as far as the wife... may i suggest you train her early that she is in charge of cooking, cleaning and babies. you are in charge of hunting, fishing and the remote.

also, would you mind conversing with pak and try to keep him occupied here for a while?

thnx,
dj

I can certainly try to entertain! I've attached a few trail cam photos that show what we are dealing with in SC. My friend's property has not been hit as hard in the past few years since he has grown cotton instead of peanuts. The hogs will absolutely destroy a peanut field if left alone.

Nothing is growing at this point, so the hogs are roaming in search of food. As soon as my daughter gets a little older, it will be time for me to put out corn and wait in the hogs.

Attachments

• SUNP0879.jpg
    SUNP0879.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Cdy01053.jpg
    Cdy01053.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Cdy00109.jpg
    Cdy00109.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 131
Holy smokes that gets me excited. All those pigs and I'm way up here. Dang.
Pack I've been stuck traveling in and around NYC. No fun with a full size truck and me at the wheel. Thought I was done out that way but have to go back later this week. Just can't win.

Now those are my kind of pictures...Where'd I put the M-60?....:D Actually the Springfield NM would do, but it's down in Texas. Going to have to get me a backup rifle that isn't bolt action.

djones, I hit all the site and isn't a matter of keeping me occupied, it a matter of who is the easiest to hassle and so far you have won, hands down! Lets see, Pigs with a Machete,...Yep, Pigs with a tire iron....Yep, Ripping their teeth out and stabbing them with it....Yep......Yeah, you win, hands down!

Packrat

ramblr,
pretty good hogs there. looks like a fun gun too. as far as the wife... may i suggest you train her early that she is in charge of cooking, cleaning and babies. you are in charge of hunting, fishing and the remote.

also, would you mind conversing with pak and try to keep him occupied here for a while?

thnx,
dj

My wife is awesome when it comes to hunting. I tell her she is my good luck charm when it comes to hog hunting since I've killed 5 hogs when she comes along. She loves cooking the pork and venison I bring home.

Has anyone been on dog and knife hunt? My connections have got out of it, but if you have a chance, go on a dog and knife hunt. Of all of my hobbies, it is definitely the biggest rush I've had so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.