45 Raptor

Not that I have seen, yet. I may build a bolt action for a buddy of mine. At the gunsmithing school I take classes at, they built an AR and test fired it without a brake before installing the gas system...student broke his collarbone, apparently. I have more interest in it in a bolt action than a semi-auto.

Since there's factory ammo out for it now, I'm heavily considering one as well! Definitely have more punch than my 458 socom

I'm seriously considering a 450 bushmaster but that 45 rator really intrigues me. Now we can deer hunt here in Iowa with them and would be good hog guns for when I go to Texas.

That's a lot of gun for hogs in Texas! I'm from Texas and have killed a couple dozen hogs with a 10" .30-30 Contender with the cheapest 150gr ammo I could buy or a 16" AR .223 with plain old 55gr FMJ. I got fancy once and bought some 62gr JSP .223, but never did finish off that box. Dead is dead and there's nothing wrong with more gun than needed, just don't feel you have to. I'm hoping the cartridge catches on to justify building a few bolt actions in it.

Most folks just use a Savage action and thread the new barrel on it. There are a bunch of guys on Armslist in Michigan selling 700s and the like ready to go. I used a Savage 16 with no real issues.

Well I gave up . I just ordered a 45/70 CVA Scout V2. I finally got one in my hands at Cabelas yesterday and fell in love with it .

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.