45 ACP on Brown Bear.????

They couldn't have been full house loads. The recoil even with the brakes would take longer to recover from. They must have been 45 Colts.Not that I'm taking anything from Mr. Miculec, he's the best hands down.

But…it was "not" from the holster! And Jerry is a little better than most of us! 😉 I can't remember the exact numbers….But, it was a bit longer than 1 second! 🙂 memtb
Ha,ha yep all good stuff from that guy. 1.14 seconds all 5, plus 1.04 for 1st shot reaction time.They're full house factory loads, he takes em right out of a Hornady box.

Last edited:
They couldn't have been full house loads. The recoil even with the brakes would take longer to recover from. They must have been 45 Colts.Not that I'm taking anything from Mr. Miculec, he's the best hands down.

If you haven't, you need to see the video …..especially in slo-mo! The recoil transmitted up through his arm to the shoulder is pretty amazing!

I think that they were full-house, factory loads! memtb

Maybe, I own one and the recoil from 1 full house round brings my arm up to a 45* angle and that's with the 8 3/8" barrel. If so he has some hellacious forearm strength.

It's been a while, but…..I'm pretty sure they talk about the load used in the video! You can really appreciate Jerry's skill set when you watch the video! memtb

I am a big advocate of handgun hunting and believe that some can be very effective on the biggest of bears with proper bullets and placement….the 45ACP did not make the long list! 😉

As mentioned previously …… with handgun, energy numbers mean "nearly nothing"! It's all about bullet diameter, mass (weight) and penetration!

If your rifle hunting …..a rifle in the hands trumps "any" handgun in the holster! memtb

Exactly! Even 4,000ft/lbs mean nothing if it doesn't reach the vitals.

Several of us have had this discussion over the years, as many, many game and dangerous game animals, including cape buffalo, have been taken with handguns that have far less energy at the muzzle than many rifle rounds do on downrange impact. Geez, just my lowly 357Mag is a great example, for often with my handloads, it shoots through deer and most large hogs. The 44mag revolvers with my 255 to 300gr casts go completely through the sides of elk.

When he shoots the 5 rounds, does start below the horizon and end up shooting g down the space shuttle? I just can't imagine anyone, including Mr Miculec controlling that much horsepower that fast and hitting a target. I'm going to have to look for that video. I guess that it's on "oooh tube". Just joking, I look at it alot too. Can't you tell that I'm a Justin Bieber fan?

When he shoots the 5 rounds, does start below the horizon and end up shooting g down the space shuttle? I just can't imagine anyone, including Mr Miculec controlling that much horsepower that fast and hitting a target. I'm going to have to look for that video. I guess that it's on "oooh tube". Just joking, I look at it alot too. Can't you tell that I'm a Justin Bieber fan?

You really, I mean really……need to watch the video. All of your questions will be very clearly answered! A picture is worth a thousand words! 😉 memtb

I did watch the video.....5 times! That's just hard to believe and hit the silhouette all 5 times. Not center mass but with that round it really doesn't matter. A shoulder hits surgically removes an arm. Anything closer to center mass......well you figure it out. I see that he uses factory loads which I can tell you from experience aren't wimpy. I do hear him say that 1 cylinder is enough for 1 day.
Hats off to Mr. Miculec from scpaul

Miculek is amazing. I have that same revolver and it just blows my mind how he is able to control that beast. My best is around two rounds in 3 seconds on target. I've tried the five round in rapid (at least for me) fire with 350 gr 3 of the five were on target, but my elbow felt like it needed surgery afterwards. No bear is able to take that punishment.