44 magnum rifle load

This is the data Gordon's Reloading Tool is Using for the two powders. Looks identical to me, except maybe bulk density.

Attachments

• W296.JPG
    W296.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 40
  • H110.JPG
    H110.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 41
I have that downloaded (Gorden's), but have yet to use it.
I suggest you watch the videos. If you have actual data, there are a few things that it can do to calibrate your loads to your rifle that is a little better than QuickLoad. I play with both to get an idea where I should be, and then let the actual load/rifle combination make the final decision.
But, back to 44 loads...I only load for pistols.

I've been loading the 44 mag for many decades, and in the Marlin 1894, Contenders in 10" and 14", Redhawks, Blackhawks, etc.
There are numerous loads that may work in most any version, and depending on weapon and intended game, steel, etc, I have loaded everything from Unique, 2400, H110, 296, Lil'Gun, etc and bullets from hand-swaged 155's up to the 300's++. I have successfully stabilized my 300 hard casts from the 1984 using the slower powders and higher vels.

I have developed good 100yd groups with the XTP line of bullets, and others, and with a host of powders, but as each weapon has its preferenences in loads, bullets, etc, I tend to not post my load data. I recommend a quick search via loading manuals, online website data, etc and have fun discovering what yours likes best.

In my experience…. .44cal bullets come/came in 3 diameters. .429 - .4295 - .430. Try and figure out what your barrel diameter is. Too large a bullet with H-110 gave me extractor problems. Pressure spike.
Best functionality was with lead and unique or #9. HTH

I bought the same rifle in stainless with a 20in barrel about 25 years ago. It was my off season hiking rifle and I used it to chase away curious bears. My favourite load was with H110 and a 265gr. Hornady flat point and it choreographed about 1550fps. I used the same load in my Redhawk, which according to some loading manuals is rated as stronger than the Marlin action. My rifle was sighted for dead on at 50yds and it could shoot into and inch at that range using a Skinner rear sight and a fibre optic front sight.

I've been shooting and hunting with my 44 marlin for quite a while, use Keith style hard cast bullets( what Elmer designed the 44 mag with), best luck has been with 240 grain hard cast and 19.0 grains of 2400. can stay 3-4 inches at 100, same load i use my Ruger single action blackhawk

I use 296/H110 in my 45 colt Bisley blackhawk. Before Hodgdon bought Winchester, the only difference between the two was how fine it was sifted. Data has always been interchangeable, just depends on whose book you got it from.

Look for some hard cast gas checked bullets and you will not be disappointed.

I've got a Marlin 1895 44 magnum that I purchased new about 20 years ago and have been shooting locally remanufactured ammo. I'm about out so going to try my hand at loading the 44. I am shooting 240 grain Hornady XTP with just ok results. Approximately 2" 5 shot groups at 70 yards with a low power scope. I am looking for recommendations on bullets and powder and any helpful tips for reloading the 44 magnum rifle. Thanks in advance for any advice, Birddog
My load for my 1894 Marlin is 25.0 grain H110 with Magnum Primer. 6 inch groups at 100 yards and 1800 fps. I have the old 1in 38 twist which in my opinion not the best. My 444 Marlin with 1 in 20 twist shoots 1 inch groups at 100 yards. since I can not find a gunsmith to swap out a barrel with 1 in 20 twist I ordered a Henry 44 Mag that has the 1 in 20 twist

My load for my 1894 Marlin is 25.0 grain H110 with Magnum Primer. 6 inch groups at 100 yards and 1800 fps. I have the old 1in 38 twist which in my opinion not the best. My 444 Marlin with 1 in 20 twist shoots 1 inch groups at 100 yards. since I can not find a gunsmith to swap out a barrel with 1 in 20 twist I ordered a Henry 44 Mag that has the 1 in 20 twist
I'm probably getting around 4" groups at 100 now and was hoping for better with hand loads. I can't understand why Marlin went with the 1:38 twist on these rifles ?

I load 23.5 grs of H-110 over a CCI-350 (Magnum Pistol Primer) and behind a Nosler 240 gr JHP. Excellent whitetail deer load. Works in the Super Blackhawk (7-1/2"), Ruger 77/44 and the Marlin 1894. For the carbines, we sight in for 100 yards and get about 2-1/2" to 3" groups (for reference red dot on the 77/44 and a Williams peep on the 1894). Have taken deer from 20 yards to 80 yards one-shot kills. The Super Blackhawk gets sighted in at 25 and has never disappointed.

One thing I learned the hard way with H-110 is you've got to follow the formula : Heavy bullets, maximum charge (no less than 3% from max) and magnum primers. Follow the formula and you won't be cursing yourself or your firearm.