42 Years - Very Lucky Man

Today is our 42nd anniversary and I am blessed in so many ways to have someone that puts up with ALL of my crapola hunting, fishing and whatever. I almost lost my wife in 2010 that changed our lives in so many ways. You become more grateful for every day that you are together and have each other to enjoy life, our grandchildren and each day that you have to spend with each other.

I started a thread couple years ago: "Every day is a blessing." that is so true for us and I am thankful for it.
Congratulations! Celebrated our 9th in August haha, a ways to go yet!

Congrats Muddy! that's pretty awesome.

Many if us are blessed like you with a woman that let's us do what we do, and in some cases even share the shooting, hunting, and the love for the outdoors.

God bless you both
Congrats Muddy! that's pretty awesome.

Many if us are blessed like you with a woman that let's us do what we do, and in some cases even share the shooting, hunting, and the love for the outdoors.

God bless you both
Congrats on your 42 anniversary I just had my 41st in July . I am very blessed as you are I wish you and your wife a lot more anniversaries too come . You have too make the big 50 and then some , God Bless youall.

Congratulations Muddy. I guess if this is 2022, my wife and I made 42 years in June this year. It doesn't seem like it was really that long.
While I don't have your level of experience I think I can sorta relate with feeling like it hasn't been that long. We had four kids in 3 years (one pregnancy was twins) It's all been a blur!

CS Lewis was quoted to have mused

"Isn't it funny how day to day nothing changes, but looking back everything is different?"

Or something along those lines. Seems to me an accurate depiction of life.

Congratulations on your 42nd, @Muddyboots

My story;
It was July of 74 when I came to Salinas, CA on leave. Upon arrival, I immediately went to see my FIL and ask for permission to marry his daughter. He asked what is my plan for the wedding. In our old country tradition, the groom pays for all expenses. Told him all I had was 100 bucks to my name.

He suggested that he drives us to Reno. Early morning of the 14th off to Reno we went. I spent 23 bucks for the license.

My dear wife had fish sandwich at Dennys on our way home. That was our wedding reception.

28 years ago, I made it up with her. We had a church wedding, and reception at the grand ballroom of the Omni Hotel for 200 guests for sit down dinner. Had a band and 2 open bars tiĺl 2 in the morning.

Last edited:
Today is our 42nd anniversary and I am blessed in so many ways to have someone that puts up with ALL of my crapola hunting, fishing and whatever. I almost lost my wife in 2010 that changed our lives in so many ways. You become more grateful for every day that you are together and have each other to enjoy life, our grandchildren and each day that you have to spend with each other.

I started a thread couple years ago: "Every day is a blessing." that is so true for us and I am thankful for it.
Muddy, Amen adn congratulations! Our 42 is coming up in Dec and she beat breast cancer 4 years ago. Life without her is inconcievable. Especially since she so valiantly puts up with all my BS. We have been truly blessed.