416 SNIPETAC : INFO

mantovavo

Hello guys

Is there someone that can help me to discover some informations about 416 SNIPETAC as alternative cartridge to 416 BARRETT ( BARREL BURNER) ?

It's true that the 416 snipetac and the 416 barrett are very close in performances ?

I see that the Pacific Tools have a chamber reamer and go-nogo gauges but the reloading dies where

I can find ?

The Lothar Walther barrels produce a 36" inch barrel with 1/12 twist and 1.65" diameter

i'd like to shoot 500 grains bullets from the 416 snipetac but I don't have experience with this caliber.

Please if You can help me

Giuliano

Thanks a lot

yorke-1

I don't have any first hand experience with a 416 SnipeTac, but I did neck one of my 338 Big Baer (338/408 Improved) cases up to 416 to get a case volume measurement. I came up with a case capacity of 172gr H2O. Using that number in Quickload I'd imagine that a 416 SnipeTac would come in around 75-100fps behind 416 Barrett with a 500gr bullet from equal barrel lengths. You could probably load the 416 SnipeTac to higher pressures and bring them a little closer together.

You could look into the 416 Hubel Express. It would give a case capacity closer to the Barrett but still work in a CT sized action.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.