410 for turkey?

codyadams

Nice! That TSS is a game changer. Expensive, but for certain applications, totally worth the cost.
The thing is, honestly how many shots are your firing for turkey hunting? It may have a high cost per shot, but when 20 rounds will get many people by for years, it really doesn't matter much. I'm not going to use it for an Alberta waterfowl hunt where we are shooting limits of specs and ducks, but for a couple turkeys a year? I think I could justify that....

Elfego Baca

Another spring Gobbler with a single shot 410-#6 shot did him in!
9.5 pounds ‘undressed’.
5370DC06-9253-463A-8403-DAA7E1273AB2.jpeg

Last edited:

wildwings

Got a new .410 and I cannot wait to use it this Spring along side the new Hevi 18 TSS Turkey loads from Hevishot.
The .410 is gaining an amazing amount of popularity with avid turkey hunters. My suggestion if you are using
a .410 is to select a premium shotgun shell like the Hevi 18 TSS Turkey. The Hevi 18 shells will give you the knock
down power and extended range you need to compensate for the lower gauge shotgun. Good Luck.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.