408 Cheytac Owners

ss8541

I may be on the verge of biting the bullet on a PGW built 408 Cheytac. I would love to hear from some of the guys out there that have played with this cartridge. Later this year when Ramshot powders releases Griz it should give this cartridge a shot in the arm.
I was lucky enough to get some a few months ago and it worked great in a 300 Rum with the 240's. I am just speculating, but I think this will be a good powder for use with the 419s.
Thanks in advance.
Semper Fi

I don't have much information on the 408cheytac, except that the info I'm getting is that only the owner's/maker's have had satisfactory preformance with it.

On a side note, does your screen name reflect your MOS?
smile.gif

Charles, thanks for the reply, and yes my screen name does reflect my MOS. I am not active anymore though. I am now a military and LE instructor.
Thanks
Vince

Sgt.,
The EDM Arms rifle I have will shoot under 1.0 MOA off it's bipod but only after being fouled with 3-4 shots. I've not seen initial MVs > 2900 fps with the LRBT 419-grain projectile either, and it's pretty warm here in the Houston area this time of year. I'm not giving up on this project, however. In fact, I'm just waiting for someone to come along with new cartridge components or propellants. Incidentally, thanks for the heads-up on this new Ramshot stuff.

Regards,
Dave

Houston Boy, thanks for the heads up on your progress. I am going to be ordering a 408 Timberwolf from PGW this week, 32" barrel. Have you tried Retumbo, or H870 yet? Looking at the available powder capacity these may also work. If I cannot weasel myself some more Griz before October I will be giving these powders a test on my break in rounds. Have you tried the factory ammo for a comparison?

Thanks,
Vince

Houston Boy, You can call me Vince instead of Sgt.. I am no longer on active duty, and the SS actualy stands for Scout Sniper, in my screen name. I am more of a civilian bullet catcher now.

Thanks,
Vince

Vince,
Call me at any of the following: 713-729-0542, 281-415-6444, or 832-876-0330! Maybe we don't live so far apart that we can get together and shoot once your PGW T-Wolf comes in! I'd love to compare notes on this dubious project. 'Sides, I've got much to tell you 'off the record' about this this f*@#er!

Regards,
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.