• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 408 CheyTac Brass

RYO- Whats up Buddy still waiting. NOt one to be pushy but its been awhile and I already sent payment so Im getting a little on the edgy side.

Thanks,
Dave

OK ive tried to keep calm but I think im getting just a little ticked on this one.

RYO do you have ANY updates on this it would be GREATLY appreciated. Like I said in the past things happen I understand that BUT being left in the dark after payment was sent by me and received by you a while ago gets me worked up.

All I ask is to be kept informed on the status of whats going on...PLEASE!!!!! If this is too much to ask then i'll just take my money back and wait till Kirby has brass available. I think ive been quite understanding so far.

Thanks,
Dave

I also ordered brass. I got a response to a PM wed that he was getting a package from Jamison and expected it thurs or fri. I am hoping to have some by the end of next week??!!??

Well it's mostly "the end of next week" ROLLYOUROWN.... do you have any updates it's now almost 3 months?

Well Guys,

I dont know what to say he PMed me and told me he got sent bad brass with the good brass and that he needed to sort thru it and send the brass back (I dont know what that means exactly) he called while I was off island and My son and I called back only got a message machine but havent heard from him since.

Im bummed how this has gone all I asked from the beginning is to be kept up to date with whats happening tried not to be a PITA or anything like that. But I really get frustrated when I have NO CLUE as to whats going on especially when I already sent the money.

So now what????????

Aloha,
Dave

Tomahawk,

Thanks for the info! I still have not gotten any brass or heard either way what has happened with the other shipment he got. He PMed me beginning of this month. and i havent heard back since so Im not sure whats going on at this point. I hope this all works out though for everyone who paid up front to get some brass. It has turned from 2 weeks to 3 months so its a bit frustrating.

RYO,

If youre reading this is there any info you could post up with regards to the brass situation Thanks!!!

Aloha,

Dave

Tomahawk,

Be careful about that comment, early lots of two star headstamped cases had very loose primer pockets. I am told that issue has since been corrected but there are some lots out there with two stars on the case head that will only take 1 to 2 firings at most depending on how you load them before the primer pocket loosens up to much.

I have some of these and some of the newer lots and this seems to be the case. New stuff is much better, just hard to get right now because they got back logged so far when the original brass proved no good and then had to deal with the oversized primer pockets on the first batches of two star headstamped cases.

Hope they get caught up soon so they can get me my correct headstamped 338 Allen Magnum and 375 Allen Magnum cases!!!

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Aloha Kirby,

A guy I shoot with here has had the problem you describe with earlier Jamison brass in his .408 the primer pockets would open up after the first firing. So thanks for the info. thats why I asked about the newer brass before sending any money hopefully as you said it all works itself out soon.

Aloha,

Dave

Wildcat 338

Early last year Jamison contacted me via Chey-Tac, they wanted me to test and evaluate the new run brass. They sent me 50 pieces to look over and run the tests. I compared them to two other manufacturers brass, what i found was the primer pockets were oversized to begin with. The brass itself was fine, just some of the primers (not all) would get loose after one or several firings. I fired some of them 4-6 times with good results.

If you find or have some of the original Jamison brass, no stars on the head stamp, with a stiff load you will have problems to no end. The stuff is like butter.

The head stamps with stars is the brass from the change over, some have loose pockets to start with. Quality control issues i suspect. Hopefully the new brass will be much better. Be warned, Graf & Sons are selling the old style brass.

Jamison had a machine break down during the final necking stages, this had delayed the current run of brass. I was told they are setting up machines dedicated to 408 based brass so this should not be an issue in the future.
Jamison did not give me a delivery or shipping date, just a "should be soon"

Is there an echo in here????:D

The first batch of 100 cases that Chey Tac sent to me to test were not good at all. Loose primer pockets throughout the batch. These were the first batch of double star headstamped cases. Since then they have sent me a new batch to test. These were straight cylinder cases with no forming that I used to make my 50 Allen Tactical cases out of and will also use these for my 458 Allen Tactical. They seemed much better. Well, all I can say is that I was not able to loosen a primer pocket in my 50 AT and I was running them pretty warm. I will admit the round has more velocity potential but my shoulder was not man enough in the LW rifle!!!

I was also told by my contact at Jamision that if you get a batch of the first double star cases with loose primer pockets to return them to them for replacement. How long this will take was not mentioned

Yes, my contact at Jamison tells me there is now a machine dedicated to only 408 CT cases and possibly the addition of another machine will happen soon to make up and keep up with the damand for this case, mainly to wildcatters as much as actual 408 shooters.

Kirby Allen(50)

Last edited: