408 C-T brass

Black Diamond 408

For you guys that are using the 408 C-T brass i just wanted to pass on some info. The first run that Jamison made was too soft and they had lots of problems with primer pockets. They since have re worked the brass to a very strong case. OK... This is how to tell the difference between the two runs. The old batch on the head stamp says, (408 Chey-Tac...Jamison) dont use this! It is a one shot brass.

The new brass has two (stars) stamped on the head separating the Jamison and 408 Chey-Tac.

Grafs & Sons supplies is selling the "old" style brass, dont buy it! Or at least ask them to make sure the cases have the stars on the heads. I'm not bashing Grafs, two customers just sent me cases and they are no good for the 408 or its wildcats.

It could be used in a 505 gibbs rifle, low pressure case.

Roll-Yur-Own has some of the new brass on order. I'm still waiting along with a few others. I could have gotten some earlier, but I believed the BS of the TTI guys.

TTI had some of the best brass available, they just can't seem to produce it(i dont know who is making it for them). I have 500 on order since last year. All my early brass was Horneber. The Horneber was the best by far! I am still shooting some of the first brass i got in 2001, some cases have over 12 firings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My 3500fps test loads were with the german brass.

BD408,

I was wondering how you got 3500 fps with your sniper tac in the shorterbarrel lengths. In my 40" 338 AM I can push things to 3500 fps but the primer pockets on the TTI brass will not last all that many firings. Jamison cases, will take it a bit better because their heads are noticably harder but so are the necks so forming has more issues.

Nothing to worry about, just have to know it going in and your fine.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.