400 Yd Mule Deer Video - Saskatchewan 2006

fine shot man gitter done.....i was living in alberta these past two years great mule deer hunting there as well heck the big game hunting alround is fantastic there.

i realize you are is sask as well iv been thru threre a bit a man yall have sum monster deer but ya defintly have the farm land to grow em.

You Idaho guys that were commenting, big deal that they were talking. Remember they were 400yds away and if u listen to the clip, there is wind and they made the shot across the canyon. Yea, they were louder than I thought they should of been, but I bet those deer never heard them, BUT the buck sure did catch all the movement on the ridge. 400yds is plenty far not to hear the obvious especially with wind not blowing in ur favor.

To each their own...can't argue with an effective hit, although for me I try to be real quite.

id agree that they were awful noisy but the movement was most likely going to do the most spooking. if the deer didnt care that they were moving around like rookies, they probably wouldnt care if they were singing "Kum Bay Ya"
Some places the (mule) deer just dont have much exposure to people or hunters. Mule deer are naturally retarded, especially when in rut. White Tail are not usually that goofy.
i say, nice shot. but try that same tactic almost anywhere in the US and see if you get to talk about weather or not to take the shot.

I am always interested in seeing where these videos end up. Also very interested in the candid conversations about it. I can see you all are shooters and hunters here. I can tell you the deer of this size are not all dumb in Sask. This video gives them a bad rep. We glassed the coulee and spooked up some does prior to this vid. The buck just followed them up with love in his eyes. Right time, right place and wind.Somehow the 400 yards does not seem very far now with my son prostaffing for Quigley and showing up Dad with 400,500,600 and now 700 yard shots,lol.gun)From his butt too! His knees and arms lock in like any good shooting bench it seems. You all do not know the half of the haters out there. When you put yourself out there for the world to see and judge you get all kinds.When I was doing the youtube thing I got no less then 100 letters a week. Most haters.The Peta groups telling me they wanted to shoot my son and cook him infront of me and all that good stuff.Never stopped me form spreading the word proudly about the great outdoors. This poor quality video'ing has lead into the quality productions we make now. I host the Canadain based TV show The hunting Chronicles. My son that Peta hates so much is at my side on most hunts.He even made a comment on out recent Africa hunt when he harvested a book wildebeest. A "take that Peta" comment,lol. Not on camera though,lol

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.