40% off SWFA SS Super Sale — tough-as-nails scopes

Their online inventory is very limited & shows no growth. Popular online items are limited, and quantities are declining. Looks like SWFA is shutting down.

Warranty claims need to be addressed should SWFA shut down -would Bushnell fix it?
No store increases % discount slowly over time with an inventory that only goes down that isn't closing down.

Around black friday they had if sorted for in stock or backordered several hundred items. By December it was in the 90s and now around 60. The 20% off sale became 30 that became 40.... pretty much the same method every store uses for liquidation.

Guessing they have some swfa line optics still payed for in the pipeline, or maybe they end up just being a small boutique optics line.

Either way no company has used that model to grow or expand.

FYI… retail store closed. Online store operational.

8BE2B43F-3E5C-4697-8369-0BDC8642BFC4.jpeg

Called and talked to them a couple weeks ago before I back ordered a 6x. Only thing that would make them better is capped windage

Called and talked to them a couple weeks ago before I back ordered a 6x. Only thing that would make them better is capped windage
Capped windage, and lower profile elevation turret would be my realistic wish list without having to change the internals or anything else.

Simply could not pass up the 10x HD at 40% off. UPS delivered the SWFA SS 10x HD a few days ago and I immediately mounted it in SWFA rings on my hunting rig. As much as I love my 3-12 LRTSi, the rifle lost 1/2 pound by me swapping it out for the 10x HD SS. Took it to my range and zeroed it. Zeroing was stupid easy, as it always is when you have a scope that tracks correctly. Didn't bother with a tracking test, as I have used several of the non-hd models, and one HD with good results, and some whose opinion I trust have also had good results from them. After zeroing, I dialed my DOPE for 600 and easily put these two shots on my 600 yard plate. Missed the wind call a little bit but I can live with it.

I used to question the viability of a fixed 10x on a hunting rig, but a couple of years ago I had three Coyotes in my back yard one cold winter morning. I grabbed my wife's Kimber Montana .223 which has a 10x SWFA SS on it, and smoked all three 'yotes. The last one was about 200 yards by the time I got him.

Heck of a deal at their current sale price.

John

420701-DC-D2-F0-44-C3-8-DEF-0634-DC8-AFDE8.jpg

E9-D5548-C-3-E0-C-4-B3-C-B3-DD-FF2-D8220-A595.jpg

Last edited:
Simply could not pass up the 10x HD at 40% off. UPS delivered the SWFA SS 10x HD a few days ago and I immediately mounted it in SWFA rings on my hunting rig. As much as I love my 3-12 LRTSi, the rifle lost 1/2 pound by me swapping it out for the 10x HD SS. Took it to my range and zeroed it. Zeroing was stupid easy, as it always is when you have a scope that tracks correctly. Didn't bother with a tracking test, as I have used several of the non-hd models, and one HD with good results, and some whose opinion I trust have also had good results from them. After zeroing, I dialed my DOPE for 600 and easily put these two shots on my 600 yard plate. Missed the wind call a little bit but I can live with it.

I used to question the viability of a fixed 10x on a hunting rig, but a couple of years ago I had three Coyotes in my back yard one cold winter morning. I grabbed my wife's Kimber Montana .223 which has a 10x SWFA SS on it, and smoked all three 'yotes. The last one was about 200 yards by the time I got him.

Heck of a deal at their current sale price.

John

420701-DC-D2-F0-44-C3-8-DEF-0634-DC8-AFDE8.jpg

E9-D5548-C-3-E0-C-4-B3-C-B3-DD-FF2-D8220-A595.jpg
How's the glass quality compared to the Bushnell it replaced? I like my side focus 10X but wish the glass quality was better.

On another forum I heard some suspicions about SWFA closing down.
I do not know.

But I felt I needed to add this to my post.

Matthias
Mark,

SWFA, Inc. is a family owned and operated business, specializing in hunting and shooting related products since 1973. In the 1970's we had a single retail location, in the 1980's and 1990's we were a traveling company (roughly 110 gun shows per year), in the 2000's we transformed into a mail-order operation, in 2014 we went back to operating a retail store alongside of our mail order operation. We've always evolved with the market and technology.

During this timeline for SWFA, Inc., an unforeseen fork in the road occurred in 1994 when we acquired the exclusive rights to the "Super Sniper" riflescope line of optics. The line consisted of four models (10x42, 10x42M, 16x42 and 20x42). SWFA, Inc. had always treated the Super Sniper products as it did other product lines by offering them for sale as a retailer.

As years went by, we expanded the line to include a 6x42, 12x42, as well as scope rings and mounts. In 2010, we developed our patented Mil-Quad reticle to be an improvement over the standard USMC Mil-Dot reticle. Prior to marketing the new reticle concept, we officially took complete ownership of the "Super Sniper" line of scopes. The first thing we did was start our own branding by developing the logo and changing the name from "Super Sniper" to "SWFA-SS". We expanded the line further by introducing four new HD models (10x42HD, 1-4xHD 3-9xHD, 5-20xHD). As the SWFA-SS line of optics continued expanding, so did the need for resources to keep up with the growing SWFA-SS brand.

As of today, SWFA, Inc. is in the process of transitioning from being a retailer of many different brands, to solely being a manufacturer/retailer of our in house line of products in order to fully concentrate resources to the continued growth, expansion, and success of the SWFA-SS brand.

Regards,

Wendy Marie Bagby
Customer Service/ Accounting Manager

Well this explains it.... ^^^^^^^^^^ Is unfortunate that they were not able to compete in the explosion of the "online-retail" like EuroOptic was able to do. Was kind of sad to see them decline as they slowly stopped carrying the equipment/brands I used. They were only a 30-minute drive for me.😞

Well this explains it.... ^^^^^^^^^^ Is unfortunate that they were not able to compete in the explosion of the "online-retail" like EuroOptic was able to do. Was kind of sad to see them decline as they slowly stopped carrying the equipment/brands I used. They were only a 30-minute drive for me.😞
I had no idea they were so close to home for me, 1 hr or so, too bad I did not look them up a long time ago.