40 MOA Bases

I had Bat make one for me only it was 60 MOA Ski rifles would make one for you. I am going to have hem make one for one of my rifles.
Crow Mag

if you go with to much on the moa you will not be able to get on target up close.unless you use a leupold mark 4 or one of the other with 150 or more moa some have over 300 moa but big bucks,thanks,keith

Near Manufacturing makes a 10, 25, 45 and 75 MOA base and their quality is said to be top notch.
nearmfg.com

I had a set of custom 40moa scope bases/rings made by Bat Machine on a custom rifle that I just sold and didn't have or need an adjustable cheek piece. I was using a Leupold 8.5-25x50 LRT and the stock was a Shehane MBR Tracker. FWIW, I was 12moa from the bottom of adjustment when zeroed at 100yds.
Wayne

I AM HAVING KEN FARRELL MAKE A TAPER BASE FOR MY SAKO TRG-42 IN .338LAPUA. I HAVE A 30MM TUBE ON MY LEUPLOD. I ALSO WANT TO SHOOT OUT TO AND BEYOND 1,500 YARDS. WHAT TAPER WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? PLEASE REPLY WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE OF TAPER BASES.

I would have it made with 40moa. In my post above the 40moa rings/bases I had made by Bat Machine mounted a Leupold 8.5-25x50 LRT and I was shooting the 240 SMK at 2900fps and just had enough elevation to shoot 1 mile.

I have a 338 Lapua with 40 MOA Night Force base and 3.5-15x50 Night Force scope.

It works out so that zero'd at 100 yards I am 8 moa off the bottom of the scope. Since my model doesn't have a zero stop it works well this way instead. To get back to my zero I just crank till bottom out and then come up to zero on the turret (8 moa). I also get close to 100 moa of available up travel this way.

Yes, I do have an adjustable cheek rest.

jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts