40" & 30" Buck Pictures

Long Time Long Ranger

Here are some nice buck photos for your veiwing pleasure. Belly-Deep is going to post my pics up for everyone to see. Big bucks are out there. I concentrate on areas that have historically produced big deer and have limited tags to allow bucks to attain 5-7 years of age so they can mature into trophy bucks. The desert areas can produce big ones also. This year I have seen numerous bucks over 30" outside spread on public land. Drawing the tag is another thing.

utahmulieswide3x3.jpg

utahmulies2.jpg

utahmulies5.jpg

utahmulie1.jpg

Thanks Belly-Deep, You forgot one. Now post the big 40" 5x6. I didn't see the biggest one in there. Thanks again for posting these since my browser wouldn't allow me to.

Last edited:
Awsome, Everyone is going to be looking for your back yard. And I THOUGHT yuo only had wind in Wyo. Belly deep posted my last 2 bucks on your 37" thread. I better look at outa state draws?:)

All I can say is WOW amazing deer pictures. Good luck on drawing a tag. Then you'll have to try and figure out which one to shoot.
Tarey

Here are some nice buck photos for your veiwing pleasure. Belly-Deep is going to post my pics up for everyone to see. Big bucks are out there. I concentrate on areas that have historically produced big deer and have limited tags to allow bucks to attain 5-7 years of age so they can mature into trophy bucks. The desert areas can produce big ones also. This year I have seen numerous bucks over 30" outside spread on public land. Drawing the tag is another thing.

If given a pick I would take the non typical in photos 2, 3, and 4. Looks really heavy in the velvet but will be a dandy hard horn. Amazing photos especially for not being winter. Have you posted the 40 incher before? Seems as though I have seen that photo.

Seems to me I've seen these pics a few years ago. They were in Utah I think. The big one was poached by some high school kid and brought into a taxidermy in his hometown and they busted him.

Yes, they were taken in Utah. I was just posting them because I thought some guys would like to see them and to show there are big deer out there. I saw several bucks equal to the ones in these pictures this year on public land. Saw a 37 incher last week in my back yard and two bucks over 30" in my yard since seeing the 37 incher. Just got to be in the right place at the right time I guess.

I remember seeing the first batch of pics a few years ago?

I thought the text at the time said somthing about a fenced and gaurded facility that was off limits to hunting?

That is if my memory serves me.

As nice as it would be to see pictures of a huge mule deer close to the house or anywhere that one hunts, I wouldn't dare post a picture that had any details, because someone would recognize the prized area and then tell some friends who would tell more friends and the next thing you know, your prized area is overrun with people. My rule is don't ask me exactly where I hunt and that way I don't have to hurt your feelings by telling you sorry! My current trophy hunting area came to me by a friend who is an outfitter and I traded a fair amount of labor in exchange for him sending me to a good trophy area. The area has been good, with the best buck I have seen come out of it being a non typical scoring 242 2/8, but my best buck to date is still far shy of that number, but that is why it is hunting, it is all about the whole experience.
LTLR, keep telling us about the nice bucks you see, but don't post the pictures unless the background is blurred, and maybe even tell everyone the deer are in another state lol

Real nice Picture of the deer But here's the BUT if you look at the picture were these deer are it looks like there is some piping there maybe GAS SO anyone in his right mind wouldn't shoot a rifle there and risk putting a hole in one.
Eather one would have to use a bow or chase them from were they are in the Picture

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts