4 season tent

Check out Titanium Goat Vertex series of tents.

Titanium Goat

An experience at 11,400', with a snowstorm and 35-40 mph winds made me realize my 4 season tents will have a stove in them!

He made me a custom 7.5 Vertex, as I wanted enough room for two 6'3 225+ lb 'ers to be able to stand up and put on dry clothes in the dark of the early morning without it looking like a WWF wrestling match.

The Vortex Stove burns for about 35-40 minutes max due to it's size, but puts out an amazing amount of heat. On average we were able to raise the temp +35F from were it would be without a stove. More importantly in my book, was the ability to dry out gear at night....worked great.

I was after a Ultra Lightweight Backpacker setup for two hunters with a stove that could weather the high country when needed.

The Vertex 7.5 is perfect in my opinion for two hunters and say 7-10 days worth of gear. You could sleep 4-5 in a pinch as well, but the gear would be in the weather.

Total setup (titanium stove, Vertex 7.5 tent, center pole, titanium smoke stack/flue, pegs, storage bags, etc) came in under 7 lbs. I can reweigh the whole kit and caboodle again if you need it to be exact.

Spread that out in two packs...and well..you don't even know it's in there!

Can't say enough about the product. Lightweight, tough, performance orientated products.

Give him a call.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.