4.4 Miles? New Record?

416 barrett that's interesting, cool, that says a lot, these guys didn't choose anything else. 50 cal with the right bullet would likely seem better? I mean they went custom custom, all you need is a custom 50 cal bullet, the extra weight would be an advantage? Lots more powder...

416 barrett that's interesting, cool, that says a lot, these guys didn't choose anything else. 50 cal with the right bullet would likely seem better? I mean they went custom custom, all you need is a custom 50 cal bullet, the extra weight would be an advantage? Lots more powder...

unless improved/wildcatted, the 50 bmg can't keep up ballistically. Even then its going to take a custom bullet that currently doesn't exist to be an improvement.

unless improved/wildcatted, the 50 bmg can't keep up ballistically. Even then its going to take a custom bullet that currently doesn't exist to be an improvement.
I have heard this here before, it still surprises me though. I'm not in that long game so I have no experience. Thanks for chiming in. The 416 Barrett seems to be stretching longer and longer so 50 BMG more for anti material

This is when a 105 comes to play
I don't know where exactly between 2 miles and 4 miles rifles become very small caliber field artillery, but with current technology it's definitely somewhere it's somewhere in between there. 🤣
It's what Spooky rains from the sky 😈

A howitzer haha.

Last edited:
I don't know where exactly between 2 miles and 4 miles rifles become very small caliber field artillery, but with current technology it's definitely somewhere it's somewhere in between there. 🤣

It's what Spooky rains from the sky 😈

A howitzer haha.
First, you have to realize the '.416' thing on a 50 BMG case is the results of politics, right? Komifornia was the first state to ban the 50BMG. Right after that happpened, a number of us took off on the notion that a 41 cal '50' would be a good idea. Being a fan of the various 416's it just made sense. Then it took off. Who woulda thought? We sold a fair ton of them at Turner's Outdoorsman.

I have heard this here before, it still surprises me though. I'm not in that long game so I have no experience. Thanks for chiming in. The 416 Barrett seems to be stretching longer and longer so 50 BMG more for anti material
i stay pretty up to date in the elr comp world, 375 cheytac through 416 hellfire has been most dominant.

next few years you will see 458 stuff start to take over.

larger caliber stuff is definitely the future, but until these higher pressure case designs gain more traction it will be a while.