4” action for 300 RUM

Jnm300ultra

Hi guys, I'm looking at getting a new action for a build and was thinking about a Rem clone that can handle a 4" Wyatt box magazine. I really wanted a lighter action like the Pierce Shadow but I called them and said 3.80 is the longest it would handle. I noticed the Terminus Kratos X and love every about it except the weight. The weight is 36 ounces. I wish they would be able to make the Kratos Lite in 4". I also know of MOA Rifles but dislike the look of them. Is there any other brands that I'm missing. I'm trying to keep the 300 RUM around 7-7.5 lbs. I figure when scope and bipod rounds and sling its weight will be around 10-11 lbs. I'm planning on installing a huge brake 4-5 port one. Are most guys with a 300 Rum running a 4" magazine or the 3.80"? It will be a BDL style. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.
Jason

I'd need to look up all the specifics from when I did my build but bottom line you modify the action. I made a 338 Edge on a standard Stiller long Acton using the Wyatts long box. I had to use a Dremel to mill material out of the rear of the bottom opening quite a bit, then modify the bolt stop to allow the bolt to come back further to pick up the round.

That's a beautiful action. I have seen that Bat but never looked at their specs. It's like a Cadillac of rifle actions. I have always been scared with the Bat action in field use. It's been a true bench rest action for years and even in F Class. I went for a Borden for my F class action and couldn't be happier. I now see all the top rife builders on here using a Bat, and they have all the real world experience. If I could come up with that cash it's a true winner.
Thanks,
Jason

This is the one you want.

If you want cheaper, I believe the BAT igniter is compatible with the Wyatt's box
When I looked the ignition up it looks like a sweet action. When I checked Bats Website it does say much info. I will have to check a few more places.
Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:
I have a Borden BRLXD on my f class rifle and it's one smooth action, and built like a tank. I will check to see if Jim makes his action with a 4" box.
Thanks,
Jason

Recent Posts