375h&h

I used my .375 Ruger in Africa last year and took plains game and a monster buffalo with it. I really loved shooting it. About 4800 foot-pounds at the muzzle will do any bear in. Use the soft point

Hello I am 59 and am going to start getting some of my bucket list completed. My first is a coastal Brown Bear hunt in Sitka Alaska or a grizzly bear hunt by Dennall. The guides that I have been in contact with recommend a 375hH magnum. I will be going in 2020 or 2021. Any suggestions on the rifle and scope that I should be looking at. They told me shots could range from 1-250 yards.
Thanks,
David Zimprich
Just a thought to throw in. Sitka bears are a lot bigger and the weather is a lot tougher there. If I understood you right the other option is near Denali? The bears in that area are smaller and the weather isn't nearly so unpredictable. Maybe these can help make a choice in bullet weight and or a stainless rifle. I hunted around Alaska for 2 years and lived not too far from Denali. Also the black bear season used to be generous, consider a tag for them too. Make sure you buy a quality scope, the elements are unforgiving.

Thanks For you're information John. Yes I know the weather can be very brutal, I have fished in Alaska 5 times but have never hunted their.
Happy Thanksgiving,
David

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.