375 Ultra vs. Antelope

Tikkamike

Last might me a.d Tom (elkoholic307) decided to run out before dark and try to film a kill. We found some goats so i ranged them at just over 400 and sent a 270 gr Barnes TSX her way. The tsx did fantastic as always. Dropped her in her tracks.
Tom got the whole thing on film but.you have to wait to see that.

2012-09-07_20-38-05_275.jpg

2012-09-08_08-44-57_808.jpg

Nice! what unit where you hunting? Thats a pretty long shot for a flat based wide meplat bullet. But then again you are shooting from a 375 RUM!:Dgun)

EDIT: frogot to add we have that same lawn mower.:D

Are you sure you didnt load it with a 270 grain Barnes *** by accident? :D gun)
How much drop is there at 400 yards?

You know the test medium / gel blocks they use to shoot through?

That's what her neck reminds me of when I look at this pic.

doedomination.jpg

nice photo! My area doesn't open until the 15th, but I will be in the Gross Vente hunting big mulies. Then off to fill 3 antelope tags with the 300 gr Bergers.

I heard Barnes bullets just pencil through if they don't hit bone. Is this not the case?

Absolutely, they never expand. Just like shooting a FMJ. They don't shoot worth a crap & foul terribly also......:D - Just funnin of course.

nice photo! My area doesn't open until the 15th, but I will be in the Gross Vente hunting big mulies. Then off to fill 3 antelope tags with the 300 gr Bergers.

You guys suck, you know that? :cool: You'll be tagged out before my season even begins! Needless to say, i'm getting a little itchy!

Well done Mike, I too am curious about the dope at 400 with your 375. That is just plain cool right there... talk about horsepower! Get that video done soon.

gun)

I just use a Leupold with the boone and crockett reticle. held right on with the 400 yard line. but at 400 yards there is 5.2 moa of drop at 700 17.8 moa 800 23.7 moa and 1k 39.4 moa

gun)I shot an antelope doe with my 300wsm 180grain TSX. i was on an elk hunt and got a landowner tag for a doe.............327 yards you could see through her, never seen a barnes X pencil through, I was hoping it would but **** was I wrong

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.