375 ultra mag

so I'm thinking of moving to a 375 rum to shoot mile+ I don't know a hell of a lot about the cartridge am I pushing *Rule 4 Violation* up hill or can it be done with the right projectile combo etc

Cheers
Lucas
Sure it can, guys do it with lesser cartridges every day. Run a mid weight high BC bullet through a long barrel and it'll stay supersonic for quite a ways.
You said "shooting" so I'm taking it as just that. However this is the ELR hunting part of this site and I would be hesitant to recommend your choice in cartridges for that. But we can discuss that too if you'd like.

I'm in the process of gathering parts for one. Pretty sure I can get the hammer bullets moving along fast enough to make it a long range hammer
I thought about have a barrel spun up to complement my .338 and .300 RUM barrels I have for my Remage. My Snipetac kinda fills that role for now though, just not as portable.:D

I thought about have a barrel spun up to complement my .338 and .300 RUM barrels I have for my Remage. My Snipetac kinda fills that role for now though, just not as portable.:D
There's always a need for one more gun in the safe though! I've been talking to Shawn at defensive edge about his +P chamber and I'm really thinking this build is going to preform stunningly.

If you build it for long range, assuming it's going to be over 9 pounds.....recoil won't be a real issue. Sure a brake will tame it a bunch....but it sure will get loud!

I think that the .338 and the .375 RUM's would be great, all around, big game cartridges! "If" you put them in rifles that are at reasonable "carry" weights....less than 9.5 pounds, scoped, loaded, and slung. memtb