375 RUM Build

I have one I built on a model 70 super grade 300 rum. Only a hunting rifle so I am a bit limited with the 3.6 box. With a 25 inch lilja I am getting 2900 with R26 and a 300gr. Shoots well. In the Remington it should be better yet as you can put in a wyatt,s box and stretch it out. Your old 7 mag action will work fine. Just be sure to order the rum box and your standard bottom metal will work fine. A brake would be a good idea. I have a lot of heavy rifles so recoil doesn,t bother me and I would rather get kicked than blasted. In this rifle you may want to glass the box in solid to help out the stock. If you go with the long barrel 3100 with a 300 would not surprise me. Not for the weak of heart :) To add. Betram is making brass for it now and I like it.
You can extend that by having a good smith rework it for a a safari magnum length box and it doesn't take a whole lot to get you there.

I was originally looking to build a cheytac but even with reloading I don't really think I could afford to feed it with the amount too shooting I wanted to do. So I was seeing if anyone had any luck with a smaller more affordable 375 boomer. I know they're not anywhere close to the same, and one day I'll still have one. But right now it's much more feasible to use the spare action I have lying around.

You won't build the Cheytac on a Remington LA either. You're getting way up with the big boys there.

My 375 rum is one of my most favorite rifles. She's getting a makeover as we speak. I always thought the RUM case was the baddest apple on the tree...until I improved a 378 Weatherby for my son. Side by side there is no comparison. The RUM case does a really good job and shows very good efficiency in the larger calibers. There's just so much potential...especially now with more and better bullet options!

My 375 rum is one of my most favorite rifles. She's getting a makeover as we speak. I always thought the RUM case was the baddest apple on the tree...until I improved a 378 Weatherby for my son. Side by side there is no comparison. The RUM case does a really good job and shows very good efficiency in the larger calibers. There's just so much potential...especially now with more and better bullet options!
You make it Sound so good I better build two of them . Once my wife see's mine I'm positive she will want one too ! 🤣

Rum Man

In the standard box I am getting 2900 with a 300 grain. Few bullets like that speed with a big hard animal. I knew Lee Ried when he owned swift bullets before Bill Hober shoved him out the door. He showed me 300gr a frames that had been shot out of a 378. The base mashed forward so it looked like a frisbee. I told him to put hard lead in the base but he never did. So my rifle as it is will work just fine for me. I put a 1/4 inch stainless coarse thread bolt just behind the recoil lug and glassed the box in solid and it is beautiful and balanced and works just fine as it is. If I take it for black and ugly I will use a 300 trophy bonded or a 300 north fork.

Here is the 375 rum on the left, the 375 Zayne on the right

Attachments

• 02CCAD92-B178-411B-A29D-08D2E068D2B6.jpeg
    02CCAD92-B178-411B-A29D-08D2E068D2B6.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 173