375 Raptor Recipes - Please no highjacking/off-topic side shuffles this time. Just 375 Raptor Recipes ...

hausser

Hello all
Been searching all over for 375 Raptor loads. Even the Raptor websites provides a very limited number of recipes. I gotta believe there's many more out there, like me, searching for more ...
Looking for:
1. Powder and Powder Charge:
2. Bullet Manufacturer and Bullet Name/Type:
3. Bullet Weight:
4. Barrel Length and Twist
5. Rifle Type: Gas, Bolt, Single Shot...?
6. Muzzle Velocity.
Please, can we stay on topic?
Thank-you

Hello all
Been searching all over for 375 Raptor loads. Even the Raptor websites provides a very limited number of recipes. I gotta believe there's many more out there, like me, searching for more ...
Looking for:
3. Bullet Weight:
6. Muzzle Velocity.
Thank-you

are you trying to decide on getting this caliber?

the raptor site has data yes, hence why i bought a bunch of 1200r as that seems to be the powder that works across the board. 10x seems to work with the heavier stuff.

have you tried contacting them and seeing what other powders to use?

i ran in to the same issue hence why i haven't messed with it much recently due to the fact that components have been hard to get.

Just finished assembling my 24" 1/10 twist AR style rifle with this chambering. Been intrigued by the cartridge for ~5+ years though. I've seen the relatively few loads on the Raptor and their affiliate website(s). I'm staying away from specifically drawing attention to other/similar AR10 style cartridges. That's the usual gateway for getting hijacked. "Can we see your other rifle pictures?, what about this or that 6.5? what do you think of 338 Federal?, on and on. Let's compile those 375 Raptor loads used by knowing/experienced loaders on this site. What have the experts here found to 'work for them' under what conditions. We know we have to work up from minimums. What are some of the minimums found before hitting the high pressure signs?

are you trying to decide on getting this caliber?

the raptor site has data yes, hence why i bought a bunch of 1200r as that seems to be the powder that works across the board. 10x seems to work with the heavier stuff.

have you tried contacting them and seeing what other powders to use?

i ran in to the same issue hence why i haven't messed with it much recently due to the fact that components have been hard to get.
Thanks fir the input Backwoods.
I haven't contacted them directly (yet) ... just looked over their sites. I also saw they mentioned 1200R and 10x in a few of their recipes.
I'm hoping there are some loads developed with some of the temperature stable powders out there. Preferably with some compressed loads using 260 to 300 grain freedom nuggets. Were you able to collect any data with your shooting?

I know you don't want reloading info from other large caliber LR308 calibers...
I have built LR308's on either side of the caliber range as the 375 Raptor (.358's and 45's), but i have NOT built a 375 Raptor

But here's what I can tell you you are going to NEED to get you 375 Raptor to run right, if you want to push it out of the anemic range

-Rifle gas system (thank God you have that!)
-Full mass BCG (17-18oz)
-Adjustable gas block
-Rifle length stock
-Rifle buffer that is a 9.3oz KAK, OR a 10oz HeavyBuffer.com buffer
-Tubbs Flat Wire
-if you can, find a Toolcraft Double ejector bolt

You CANNOT use load data from bolt guns in an LR308.
-The higher pressures that alot of the bolt gun guys can use in their loads, doesn't allow the LR308's to run correctly due to BCG/Buffer issues

Lastly, why do you want to use compressed loads in an 375 Raptor/LR308?

Hello Earnhardt,
First, thanks for responding and it looks like we're on the same page...
Rifle length (almost went rifle length + 2"), Full Mass BCG, 0.875 Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas Block, Magpul PRS Gen3 Stock, 10oz Buffer,
Tubbs Flat Wire Buffer Spring, Geisselle SSA-E Trigger, X-Caliber 24" 1/10 twist Barrel, and Area 419 Muzzle Break.
I don't have a Toolcraft Double Ejector Bolt though. This is the first I've heard of it.
This won't be for suppressed or subsonic use. I've opened my range of bullet mass to be between 250 and 350g and am currently seeing what options are available. Ideally, powders with good temperature stability have been successfully tried out there...
When reloading I prefer the feel of a "calibrated" crunch as a final check that the charges are correct. Increased subjective insurance over visual inspection only.

Hello all
Looking for:
3. Bullet Weight:
6. Muzzle Velocity.
Thank-you
For range training:
1. Vihtavuori N120 35 gr
2: CamPro canadian electroplated lead bullet, Cartidge overall length 66,1 mm
3. 250 gr
4. 37 cm, 1:12 twist, Cold hammer forged, chrome moly steel.
5: ArmaLite AR-10 A4SPR with CTR stock, ArmaLite Carbine buffertube and buffer
6. around 600 m/s at 0 degrees Celcius.

For hunting and training, same but:
1. Vihtavuori N120 38,5 gr
2. Speer HotCor, cartridge overall length 67,8 mm
3. 235 gr
6. around 660 m/s at 0 degreec Celcius.

For Hunting: South African (and USA made allso?) GS Custom driveband copper bullet with very small area of bullet touching the case neck and barrel.
1. Vihtavuori N120 41.5 gr
2. GsCustom HV bullet, Cartridge overall lenght 68,9mm
3: 200 gr
6. around 745 m/s at 0 degrees Celcius.

The VV N120 was a lot hotter than QuickLoad ballistic program's powder library example was, so using QL for load development must be taken with care, starting low and proceeding up with care. Those are OK loads in my rifle with a bit longer throat than the gunsmiths reamer first made, the throat was lenghtened a bit after initian chamber reaming, after doing that these loads were OK.

hyvää huomenta maaorava!
Can't remember if time +8 or +9 hours to Michigan's clock this time of year. Maybe +10?
Your provided input is much appreciated!
Good morning to you as well Earnhardt... good to see you're still following this topic. Hoping to get out this spring and begin my load development activities. Had multiple spinal procedures throughout 2021 and was unable to do what I'd hoped
Hopefully others will join in
-H-