.375 Hornady bullets for Africa?

They're yours then.

I don't shoot the .375 much since I had a neck surgery, and I've got more than enough to keep me shooting awhile. Might take up casting again. There are so many good .375 bullets out there if I was to hunt with it I'd use the Hammer's. These older ones kill well enough, just some advantages in the new.

I got these handed to me when an older fellow passed, and got nothing in them. PM me an address, and you can have them for shipping.
Thank you so much. However I must do something for you ( all good deeds etc.). We can discuss that later.

Steve Weldon
I'm at 145 Hodges Drive
Moraga CA 94556

Some copper alloy metals will harden with age and cause problems too.

Have you recovered any bullets from an animal?
Sharp corners on lands of a barrels rifling can make for a problem with penetration on animals. Sharp corners on the lands can put stress lines down the jacket from Ogive to base, When the nose of a Jacket and Core bullet starts to mushroom and one of the pedal break lines hits a rifling stress line the bullet can open very rapid and destroy itself and loose its core. With severe damage but with little penetration.

When I worked in a taxidermy/tanning shop years ago. A hunter brought in a deer head for mounting and the hide for tanning. He bragged he had the best killing 30-06 he ever seen. When we was checking the hide over and went to clean a jello patch off the hide so salt would penetrate quick. There was a bullet that the rifling had put stress lines in. The bullet had opened in near perfect half, To the base of the jacket, And no sign of the lead core was to be found.
Years later in a hunting/gun magazine there was an article about a African White Hunter who had nearly been killed by a couple elephants in charge situations. They found that when a recovered solid nose bullet from the skull on an elephant, A sharp rifling corner had put a stress line in the side of the bullet, The bullet jacket had ruptured on the stress line, The bullet deformed and had went off point of aim and lost a lot of penetration in the skull. Lapping the sharp corners off the rifling cured the problem.

......I would very much like to have the 375 bullets if still being offered. Do you have a shipping price and Pay Pal or I can send a check or money order. Will Gray, 431 Forest Circle, Ruston, LA 71270.........

Sorry Will, these are promised to Steve.

Are you looking for a particular .375 bullet, for a particular purpose?

.........Thank you so much. However I must do something for you ( all good deeds etc.). We can discuss that later.

Steve Weldon
I'm at 145 Hodges Drive
Moraga CA 94556...........

Just pay it forward if you get a chance. Call it a "protest" against the "hoarding", and "gouging" that goes on every few years in this sport.

I'm moving pretty slow, but I'll try getting them to you ASAP!

Good Luck!
Carl

Sorry Will, these are promised to Steve.

Are you looking for a particular .375 bullet, for a particular purpose?
HA, no Sir. I just enjoy shooting so always need bullets! I would hunt paper and white tails with those. I took four deer a couple of weeks ago with my 375 RUM definitely a lot more bullet than needed but the performance of the 300g SGKs was impressive all four were DRT hits. Have a 416/300RUM wildcat so I will get a couple of white tails with that as well, maybe a hog (Texas heart shot would be right on one of those!)

Thank you so much. However I must do something for you ( all good deeds etc.). We can discuss that later.

Steve Weldon
I'm at 145 Hodges Drive
Moraga CA 94556
Let me know the shipping cost and I'll send you a check right away.
Steve
Just pay it forward if you get a chance. Call it a "protest" against the "hoarding", and "gouging" that goes on every few years in this sport.

I'm moving pretty slow, but I'll try getting them to you ASAP!

Good Luck!
Carl
At your convenience thank you. STW

I was always going to use them for off hand practice, but after 30 years of procrastinating, it's time to move them out of the way.
"It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra, I am 75: it ain't over yet. Off to the range to check cold bore shots on my 358 Winchester, 35 Whelen and 358/300 RUM. The 375 RUM is dead on so I will leave it in the safe. Stay young at heart... double bypass, ablation and pacemaker help with that HA.

"It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra, I am 75: it ain't over yet. Off to the range to check cold bore shots on my 358 Winchester, 35 Whelen and 358/300 RUM. The 375 RUM is dead on so I will leave it in the safe. Stay young at heart... double bypass, ablation and pacemaker help with that HA.

I COMMEND YOU SIR!!!

"NEVER GIVE UP" S.W.C.

HOOYYYAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

I'm only 72 and have done an excellent job of using/abusing my body doing what I always thought (at the time) were great adventures. I try to get to the range every week so if I miss a few days there I'm still getting in a lot of shooting. Some days I take my .264 Win Mag, my 8mm Rem Mag, and my .375 H&H (mostly off my Lead Sled but I do get a kick out of shooting the .375 offhand at 50-yards). Other days I take my .17 Rem, .222 Rem, and my beautiful Anchtuz .22 Hornet. Other days I take the stuff in the middle.
With my replaced shoulder and recently replaced knee, long ago broken back and a small case of cancer behind me, I look forward to at least 10 to 15 years more of hunting (my father hunted club pheasants into his 80's and didn't quit smoking until he was 86). A motto I took from another adventurer is:
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
Well preserved body, but rather to skid in side ways,
Totally worn out, shouting, ; 'Holy ****... What a Ride!!' "!​
duckklr

I COMMEND YOU SIR!!!

"NEVER GIVE UP" S.W.C.

HOOYYYAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
I'm only 72 and have done an excellent job of using/abusing my body doing what I always thought (at the time) were great adventures. I try to get to the range every week so if I miss a few days there I'm still getting in a lot of shooting. Some days I take my .264 Win Mag, my 8mm Rem Mag, and my .375 H&H (mostly off my Lead Sled but I do get a kick out of shooting the .375 offhand at 50-yards). Other days I take my .17 Rem, .222 Rem, and my beautiful Anchtuz .22 Hornet. Other days I take the stuff in the middle.
With my replaced shoulder and recently replaced knee, long ago broken back and a small case of cancer behind me, I look forward to at least 10 to 15 years more of hunting (my father hunted club pheasants into his 80's and didn't quit smoking until he was 86). A motto I took from another adventurer is:
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
Well preserved body, but rather to skid in side ways,
Totally worn out, shouting, ; 'Holy ****... What a Ride!!' "!​
duckklr
EXACTLY!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.