375 H&H

dakor

Anyone out there have one with a 26 inch barrel or longer what kind of velocity and accuracy can I expect? I plan on shooting bullets anywhere from the 235gr to the 270gr. I was thinking of one with a 28 inch pipe on it.

Dakor

Let me tell you about my "Monkey Blaster"
smile.gif
(A Rem 700 in a Sendaro stock with a 26" barrel and chambered for 375 H&H.)

In truth I don't know the actual velocity but I expect to get somewhere near that advertised for the factory loads,
http://webpages.charter.net/375magnum/factory.htm#rem

or about 2,600 fps for 300 grain projectiles.

To me it looks like a 375 H&H will have about the same trajectory (come-ups) as a 308 Win and that's why I've placed my order for one.

Thanks Dave, You will have to let me know what you get for velocity when you get your monkey blaster back
grin.gif
I have been kicking the 338 Win or 338 Ultra idea around but the 375 I think would be close to 338 Ultra if you put a long pipe on it and a bigger hole to boot.

[ 05-21-2004: Message edited by: dakor ]

[ 05-21-2004: Message edited by: dakor ]

dakor

I have a mod 70 safari 24" it loves 260 partitions,sub moa at 2780fps. My next one will have a 26-27" tube.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.