375 H&H load help

Hey, my 375 H&H shoots the 235, 270 TSX's and the 250 TTSX all under MOA. I killed a 9 ft Kodiak bear using the 235 and 270 TSX's. First shot was the 235 (little more accurate) all follow up shots were 270's. They printed within an inch of each other at 100 yds. First shot thru the chest, he started doing the spin biting at his side. My buddy and I kept shooting until he stopped moving. Found one 270 after it went thru both shoulders and one that went from front to the opposite hind leg. I'd use them for anything up to Cape buffalo.
Take Care, Rick

I have a 375 H&H that I want to reload for and it's a browning stainless stalker model. I have norma brass, 215m primers, varget and h4350 that I was planning on using. This rifle will be a nilgai rifle immediately, but will also be used to shoot pigs, red stag, and hopefully an elk soon.

With those target species in mind, I was looking at the mid-range weights of 250-270gr bullets - specifically the hornady gmx, hornady spire point, speer btsp, nosler partition and accubond, as well as the barnes 250gr tsx or ttsx.

Does anyone have any experience with these bullets and terminal performance, as well as a start for load development?

Thanks a lot for the help!
I shoot this round from two rifles. One is a CZ 550 American Safari and the other is a Weatherby Vanguard.
I am getting the best performance from both rifles using just 3 bullets, I use no others.
In order of best to rest :
1) NOE # 376-329-RN-BV2 GC, 324 grains with my alloy and sized .376"
2) Nosler 260 gr Partition # 44850.
3) Hornady 270 gr Interlock # 3711
My coices for powder are 5744 or WC872 for mild and stout cast bullet loads, Ramshot Big Game for jacketed loads.
I am not comfortable giving out my loading data on a public forum, but will discuss it in a PM.

Attachments

• WesternPowdersHandloadingGuide8.0_WEB.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 461
Hey, went and grabbed my reloading book, with the 235 and 270 gr TSX's I used IMR 4064, 73 grs and a rem 9.5 primer. 235gr 2860fps; 270gr 2750fps With the 250TTSX, 79 grs of CFE223, Fed 215 primer, and I didn't chrono it.

Take Care, Rick

I have a 375 H&H that I want to reload for and it's a browning stainless stalker model. I have norma brass, 215m primers, varget and h4350 that I was planning on using. This rifle will be a nilgai rifle immediately, but will also be used to shoot pigs, red stag, and hopefully an elk soon.

With those target species in mind, I was looking at the mid-range weights of 250-270gr bullets - specifically the hornady gmx, hornady spire point, speer btsp, nosler partition and accubond, as well as the barnes 250gr tsx or ttsx.

Does anyone have any experience with these bullets and terminal performance, as well as a start for load development?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Yes, I have shot a .375 H&H for 30? Years. Been through Hornady, Speer, and Barnes. My rifle absolutely loves the 260 grain Nosler Accubond. With especially I would get jacket separation in elk. They were just as dead for sure. Still, seeing those fragments all over the wound channel bothered me. Only shot one animal so far with it and got a pass through. I hope other elk hands with more experience can help. If I ever draw a moose tag that Accubond would be the ticket. If I were to wind up in Africa I might move up to the 300 grain Accubond for any distance and a 300 grain solid for close work.

Even at 375 Bee velocities, 2950+FPS, the 260g Accubond will handle even the biggest of game. I have personally used that bullet out of my Bee on more than a dozen Water Buffalo, it hits them so hard that most nosed down, tried to run with their noses in the ground and fell over with only a few steps taken. So, I know that bullet is exceptional and I have about 5 recovered from all sorts of places out of those animals.
I trust it 100% from ANY angle to reach the vitals and will break both shoulders.

Cheers.

I have been using the 235 gr TTSX and 250 gr. Swift on Moose and Bear. Rel 15 is my favourite powder for both velocity and accuracy in my Remington stainless, fibreglass. The 235 shoots flat at over 3000 fps and they seldom exit an animal. Still, I prefer the 250 because they are simply never fail on anything, but Swifts are hard to find here. I have tried heavier bullets and found they don't kill animals any deader but they do kick more.

270 Barnes TSX out of the 375 Ruger. Works great on deer, pigs, bear, moose and elk. Have never recovered a bullet, but the exit holes were at least baseball size, which is fine by me. Tried many other bullets but settled on this one as I found this makes a great all round load.