375 h&h + 250 ttsx

Burris Tactical Rings have 6 screws and will hold zero. The Burris Signature Rings (with the plastic inserts) in 30mm have 4 screws each and hold zero but I would not trust the old windage mounts with two screws per ring as far as I can throw them. When the Burris Signature rings came out, an outdoor writer went on a muskox hunt in the NW Territories. After his plane landed he went over 100 miles on snowmobile. There were 6 guests hunting with him. The bouncing snowmobile destroyed the zero of every scope in camp except his. I have enough experience to know that by using different fillers in the plastic you can get the abrasive grip level you want on the plastic inserts. They seem smooth to us but grip under pressure perfectly. I am limited to the old windage design on my two B-78 Highwalls and suffer constant shifts. Remember that we would all use ancient windage mounts if they held. Burris and Leupold both came up with additional ring designs because they do not. :)

Remember that we would all use ancient windage mounts if they held. Burris and Leupold both came up with additional ring designs because they do not. :)
I concur with that statement. I usually use weaver bases and rings with NO windage in them as they are a hell of a lot tougher. That said, I've had some remmy's built like a corkscrew on top that have needed bases/rings with windage just to dial out enough so you could have some travel in the scope. My current 300 rum is one of those rifles and using leapold bases/rings and a copious amount of loc-tite I haven't had any issues. I've found the leopolds to be a bit tougher than the rings with windage in them; I've tried a few sets of those and every one has hit file 13 within a couple of adjusts.

i was just wondering if you got around to shooting the 250 TTSX, and how it worked out for you?

I own this rifle now. I have fired a handfull of 270 tsx out of it. I added a mcmillan stock to it. But I have found myself a little heavy on the 375's so I will be listing a couple for sale here soon.

I have been playing around with Hunter in my 338 win I like it but may be a little a little slow burning for the h&h 760 seems to work well in it though and reloader 19 is Another favorite especially in the ultra mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.