375 Dangerous game build is done!!!!

Jeffrthehunter

Thanks for all the thoughts and ideas, really turned out to be a well balanced safari style weapon. Went with a nitride Defiance action, Brux #5 barrel cut to 22.5", McMillan stock, Trigger Tech set to 3lbs. Things got interesting with the muzzle brake as I wanted 3/4-24 threads and the muzzle measured .745" so I went with a custom brake that jammed at the muzzle rather than a shoulder. Turned out pretty nice but there was a little trial and error. Finished with black Cerakote on barrel and brake and topped off with a VX6 1-6. Again, thanks for all the help you guys are great!!!

20210826_173344.jpg
20210826_173359.jpg
20210826_173411.jpg

tobnpr

Very nice.
I've always been told that dangerous game/safari actions "had to be" CRF.
Not my niche, so just asking- have the requirements of PH's evolved to where push-feed actions are acceptable?

I get that not everyone's concerned that their rifle be able to feed reliably upside down :)

Jeffrthehunter

Very nice.
I've always been told that dangerous game/safari actions "had to be" CRF.
Not my niche, so just asking- have the requirements of PH's evolved to where push-feed actions are acceptable?

I get that not everyone's concerned that their rifle be able to feed reliably upside down :)
This rifle feeds great and my guide had no concerns. First shot was through the heart. My two follow up shots hit him before he went down, as I cycled the gun as fast as I could. I think what did help is I practiced dry firing and cycling the action almost everyday for a month before this hunt.

Last edited:

Jeffrthehunter

Impressive...
Just for the record. The only reason I got this bear is i had a very accomplished guide. He found the bear in very low light conditions. Then he wouldn't let me shoot until we were under 200 yards and would be in a good position for a follow up. He really gets 90% of the credit, but I get 10% and a nice trophy!!!!

orkan

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Nice bear!

Yes, there are some places you can go and they will not allow you to hunt with a push-feed action. Dangerous game setups can be "required" to have CRF.

Elk Hunter 338

LRH Team Member
If I build a guide/DGR rifle ever for myself it will be a push feed... that whole old world "has too be a CRF mentality" is ridiculous ..
Push feed will do everything a CRF will do