375 cheytac vs Snipetac

Coercionist

I have decided that within a few years I want to build a Cheytac sized rifle on a repeating action. For chamberings I was at one point looking at 37XC however, I want to shoot the heavier mono bullets from cutting edge and such so I want the extra power of the Cheytac case. My question is how much of a difference does improving the standard cheytac to a Snipetac actually give? It looks like it is a standard improvement via taking away some body taper and improving the shoulders to 35°. Besides adding velocity, would the Snipetac also help brass life since it would help stop case growth? and I've seen one of the reasons for the Snipetac is to shoot slightly higher than average cheytac loads but since it is an improved chamberings you would not have to push the brass as hard therefore increasing brass life with hot loads, but I could not find much load data comparing the two chamberings. Also would I be able to mag feed most bullets? I expect to mag feed up to 375gr solids but could I mag feed 400gr Lazers or MTH with the cadex magazines with 4.625 internal length

Overall I need a overview between 375 cheytac and Snipetac in order to see if improving The standard case would add a sufficient amount of velocity and possibly brass life to make the fire forming worth it

An added benefit to the Snipetac is I would also like for this rifle to be a switch barrel rig, and therefore I could have another shorter barrel chambered in 338 Snipetac for closer ranges and cheaper bullets (besides I like the idea of throwing 300 grain OTM at the speed of light).

This is still one of my favorite rifles that I passed along, it started out as a 375VM2 and later we reworked it to a 375 Snipetac that to this day shows up and messes with the ELR crowd. Right at 25 lbs and kicks like a 20 gauge.

Osoh

2D4918AA-1A4F-46E3-81CA-BDBC800467B5.png

The only thing i am worrying about currently is mag feed capability with the Cheytac case. What is the biggest bullet but I could feasibly mag feed in the new cadex magazines with a 4.625 overall length

I'd be willing to bet the 390gr atip would mag feed. Mine is built as a repeater but I'll be honest. It only will single feed with the 400gr.
But I do t feel I'm missing out. This is my long range rig. Which means it takes time to setup and shoot. I don't rapid fire past 1000 anyway so single feed is not a huge deal.

I can mag feed mine with the ATips, but so far I've found they like quite a bit of jump in my rifle. I, like others, just think it can play with ammo concentricity and don't want to take that chance when shooting ELR. The Matchkings are easy to fit in a mag. The Chinchagas I do not as the sharp steel tip wants to try and dig into the feed ramp.
I'm gonna tell ya I kinda wish I'd had went single shot like my .408 Cheytac was. I hardly ever use the mag other than the easy button to carry ammo when hunting.
Also, I know the 350 grain Matchking is old news (technology) but it is no slouch either. It's got it done for the past couple decades, there are just more aerodynamic options now. Hard to compete against a bullet that will offer less wind drift or drop that can be measured in feet or yards at ELR. When going head to head (especially when money and prizes are involved) guys want anything and everything to give them an edge. That's why there are restrictions on caliber, velocity, weight, etc in competitions.

Vestals Custom Rifles and Warner Tool would be two excellent choices as far as inquiring for advice and having them do a build in your area. Look them up.

Jeff