375 cheytac on lawton 8000 build price

myrifleisLapua

these to me are the most beautiful rifles i have ever seen . i feel in-love with the rifles on black diamonds website but 5000$ is alot . I see the lawton actions are 1200$ so how much to barrel it with a 35$ tube ? i know those are pretty hefty barrels lots of steel there . also where do you get the detach box and bottom metal ? ow much does that add ? looking at the manners MCS-T3 . i emailed to see if it can be inletted for the 8000 . i never owned a custom rifle . but i figured maybe by the end of the year after i done played with my lapua for awhile . maybe sell it and start this project .I see hsm is now making brass and maybe loaded ammunition so thats got me seriously thinking this . those are such nice rifles and the ballistics for the 375 CT are to . just wondering how much my dream rifle will cost

If you are contemplating building a repeater then the TAC 408 in either 1.450" or 1.600" would be a wise choice over the 8000. I have had some issues with the TAC 408's, but they can easliy be corrected. You can get the bottom metal and mag from me. They will add approx $400 to the build. The barrel will be close to $500 depending on wheter you opt for fluting. The MCST-3 is not the optimum choice for a stock. You will need to look at the larger stocks if you build on the 1.600". There is better brass out there than the hsm you speak of.
Do some research before you head into unchartered waters..

I was unaware of lawtons situation. Who else has a cheytac and or repeater? Also what's the muzzle diameter about 1.1"?

There is also a guy on here that sells good stocks for these guns, Joel Russo. I think you can probably track him down without much trouble. If your going to get bottom metal from him and brass just get Dave at black diamond to chamber one up for you and send it to Joel and have thim stock it and your ready to go with a great rifle.

so i can get a stock from russo in the style of the mcst3 but more beefy than manners for the action ? i got a pm about barker machine rifles ? they any good ?

Ok I read ed hubel used the savage 210 for his crazy big bores. Would that work or any gunsmith willing to try it with they cheytac series cartridge? Just humor me im searching every possible idea

The largest Bat M (1.5xx" or so, I think. Don't have access to it to measure will do the job.

I have a 375 Allen Mag, based on the 408 CT but improved, on that action and it must be plenty for the job.

You're gonna have to pony up to have a reasonable chance of success with your idea.

yeah to mush to rework it best to use a already designed action .What im driving at is can a 375 CT repeater be done for under 3,000$ non flutes on the barrel 35" tube i dont know the price of the stock from russo though . i figured a barreled action repeater will run 2500$ ? i have 1000$ in my pcoket and probably get another 1000 from income tax . if i can do it for 3k under il save for my dream rifle and get it duracoated later down the road

There is better brass out there than the hsm you speak of.QUOTE]

Joel:

HSM notes that the 375 and 408 CT brass that they are offering is by Bertram. With Jamison "unavailable", what other options for 375/408-native CT brass suppliers?

Thanks.

Ok I found my action if it will work . Montana rifle company ph action repeater.640 bolt face but internal magazine is only 4.0" but looks like I guess you could take off the internal mag and use the detach bottom metal? Is in my price range I could order it next week if will work. Plus I love the m70 style action they are very smooth. Don't know if the internal mag could be opened 3/8" or of it can be removed for the box mag

What is your goal with this rifle when finished? If it's a packing kind of gun you can probably get by with the montana action. If your looking for a real long range 1000+ kind of gun I don't think you would be best served by that action. Stiller or Defiance is probably the best compromise between price and functionality. There just isnt a cheap way to put one of these cannons together. It's easy to spend $1000 just to get dies, case prep, brass and bullets. Then you need optics that can handle the recoil and work well enough to dial at LR, $2-300 for rings and bases.

Stiller action $1100
barrel $ 450
brake $ 100
Stock $ 400
base/rings $ 200
Trigger $ 50 (used rem not the $200 jewel)
smith time $500 (chamber and install brake and install/adjust trigger

That's 2800 bare bones pricing. It doesn't get your stock bedded any finishing on stock or metal, ammo, reloading stuff I mentioned or even optics. 3k for a rig up and running isn't very realistic.

I just want to stay under 3k. And all the cheytac I've seen are in the 20lb range so I wouldn't call that a packing gun for most people? I emailed mec and a rifle builder about that action. Figured most of the weight was in the barrel?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts