375 cheytac bullet suggestion

The 350SMK will most certainly stabilize. I have never had a cutting edge of any weight greater than 350 ever stabilize. Shoot great to 600 and some to 800 but they were unstable after that, for me in my rifle.

Steve and Brian (Hammer Bullets) came up with a 411 grain .375 bullet that is designed for a 9.5 twist. However, all shots so far and as far a 1300 yards have shown great promise. They used my 10 twist 375 AM for testing.

I've shot only a few and they have performed exceedingly well at my zero distance of 300 yards.

Their 395 grain offering is major good shooting but they teased me with a different design that shot 18" flatter at 1K but weren't quite stable. Thus the work which resulted in the 411s.

Too much snow to go long but it's coming and looking forward to it.

ive shot the 350smk out to about 2100yrds and they shoot very well but as soon as they break 2300 they must have started tumbling. Sub 1/2 moa to fliers being 20ft away. I can't remember the conditions but after looking at it is was right around the sound barrrier. I've shot the 375gr Rocky Mountain bullets to 1850 and they did well to. The bc I came up with on them is right at g1 of .8. I had a friend use them on a cow elk at 820 this year and was happy with the results. Not saying they are the best elr bullet but did perform well as a hunting bullet and shot well to1850. Ive got som cutting edge 350gr lazers I may try to see if they will stay stable through the sound barrier but also may try the Lehigh or something. Mostly looking for an elr bullet for that 3000-3500yrd range for rock punching and steel plates

Roughly speaking g1 of the 411 HH is on the order of 0.91. Calculated its a long way to the sound barrier @ 3025 FPS MV.

I'll have to run the numbers on that. Having the Allen mag must give ya quite a bit of jump on me for velocity. I'm only running the 375gr bullet at that 3000fps mark. You will have to let me know how they transition when you get to shoot them further

The boys at Applied Ballistics say that other factors override velocity when it comes to consistent ELR performance.

Looks like if you know your rig and are a good shooter is what counts.

I shoot the 400gr lasers out of mine at 3180fps. I have not run them past 1000 but or by did and said they worked great. The 375 would not stabilize. Steve didn't have his 411 easy when I finished mine. Would love to revisit the hammers this spring. Mine is a 1:9 twst

I'm surprised no one has brought up the 361gr flatline.

I haven't mentioned it as I haven't tried it as experimental costs rise rapidly with the big cartridges. And at this point what I am shooting is more than acceptable.

Things may change when I get out toward a couple of miles.

I haven't mentioned it as I haven't tried it as experimental costs rise rapidly with the big cartridges. And at this point what I am shooting is more than acceptable.

Things may change when I get out toward a couple of miles.
Roy when you are ready to go a couple miles we'll have your back.

CA364AF8-1160-49C3-94D9-CF8467597C97.jpeg
17739759-66C3-4620-93A7-7DE34E74DEFA.jpeg
Here's a picture of a 361 Flat line recovered at the steel target location at 3040 yards.
32" 9 twist Bartlien
Elevation was 3720
The DA was 5800
The 375 Snipetac was pushing the 361 Flat Lines at a easy on the brass 3020 fps, the bullet was still hitting with authority and was stable yet by the looks of the bullet and impact on the steel.

This is a solid ( for targets ) I'm not sure if you're asking in regards to target shooting or if you are looking at a good all around bullet to use for hunting that will open up and yet some target. Also note we feel the 361s would still shoot well out of a 10 twist.

I hope you find something you like and shoots well

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everybody for the update on your experience. I keep hoping for a new bullet and wonder if anybody has experience with the Flatline on game. I just reloaded a couple of hundred rounds of SMK for my 375 AM and as Roy in Idaho says they work well. I found them accurate to 2400 yds and have used them for elk and mulies. However in my Snipetac with 12 twist they are not stable to a mile. With the .338 AM and 300 Berger's it's accurate to 2650 yds but I ve not been able to transition the sound barrier with any predictability.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.