375 cal barrel twist and projectiles?

BTW Bobby,

Don't you think it is a little strange that the "best" solutions to the problems, which you post on, by sheerest coincidence meet the level of your technical limitations?

But sometimes when I find something that just works a lot better I try to help other people out as well by letting them know.

Last edited:

All due respect, you are talking out the side of your mouth.

If you want to sell nitriding, fine, but knock off the false advertising.

Ok ok guys, everyone calm down.....Noel, Bobby is not trying to sell nitriding..You need to use logic and common sense here....Lawton has absolutly nothing to gain by encouraging nitriding...

I will lay it out really simple here.....If a gun maker, or barrel maker were to only think of profit, why would they encourage a process that extends the life of a barrel???

This is crazy? If I was a gun maker and I was only interested in profit and didn't give a rip about customers, I would NOT talk about a process that extends barrel life. User common sense here!!!!! I would let the custmers burn up their barrels,,,, Rebarreling is new business man!!

The idea that Lawton Machine suggests this process, tells me that they care more about customer service and long term relationships than they do about short term bottom lines by replacing barrels everytime someone shoots 700 rounds.

I can tell you pleanty about customer service. In my prior life I built an 80 million dollar business unit for my company. I was successful because I focused more on my customers needs than I did on the Corp bottom line.
And I wil guarantee you that when you do this, your customer's will see this and it will come back ten fold.

Lawton machine, is one of those companies that seems to put these concepts in practice. There are enough guys on this forum that will agree with me 100% about Lawton. So be careful when you throw stones at someone that seems to be putting the customer first, it can come back to bite you!

And if your argument is simply this...."well they must have something up their sleave or there must be another motive why they are suggesting nitriding"

If this is your argument, then your argument has no basis or foundation.

Perhaps I am missing something here....Perhaps you have done your own tests on one barrel that had the nitriding done and the other that did not. Perhaps you could post your findings so we could all see the facts rather than some hunch or guess!!

Here are some facts....Lawton machine has several customers that swear by this process. And they swear it has extended the life of their barrels. Until now, they only have customer testomonials. But soon we will have more data from Lawton that will be more than just some guys word about how it doubled the life of his barrel.

I have nothing to gain and Lawton has nothing to gain by encouraging others to consider nitriding. Actually Im wrong,,I do have something to gain...If Nitriding proves itself, I have something to gain. I won't have to take the time to rebarrel as often. So it's potentially a money saver for me...Imagine that!

zman

Kelly,

What stcok did you go with for your build? I can't quite decide on what to go with, I talked to Joel russo today and he was a wealth of knowledge, but I had no idea how expensive the stocks are. It knocked me off rocker a bit! LOL
I will figure it out, but I need some ideas!

I have seen these, but haven't really looked into them much. how much do the run bobby? I am not really into that style looking stock, I generally prefer the more classic looking tactical, like the A5 and similar styles.

Kelly,

Someone mentioned that you might be selling you reamers, is that true? if so send me a message with how much you want for them.
thanks

I have seen these, but haven't really looked into them much. how much do the run bobby? I am not really into that style looking stock, I generally prefer the more classic looking tactical, like the A5 and similar styles.

The A5's are awesome stocks,,I would rather have one, but it's a tad bit heavier...O only went with Manners because they are the lightest weight...I want to hunt with my rifle and need to make weight.....Kriby Allan uses the A5's alot on his Allan mags so I know it a tough stock...Go look up some of his threads you will see them built up (fiftydriver)

zman

LOL... i cant wait to see that 16lb 375 veirsco magnum boot yo *** good and leave a big *** bruise on yo shoulder.... hyuck hyuck :D

Kelly,

Someone mentioned that you might be selling you reamers, is that true? if so send me a message with how much you want for them.
thanks

What reamers? BTW i have no reason to sell a bunch of reamers. We need them!

I do have a a5 super mag sitting here for a repeater that i could sell for 620$ its inletted for a 8000R.

What reamers? BTW i have no reason to sell a bunch of reamers. We need them!

I do have a a5 super mag sitting here for a repeater that i could sell for 620$ its inletted for a 8000R.

That message was to Kelly about the reamers Bobby. I understand that you need your reamers there! Thanks for the A5 offer but I am going to build a single shot!

That message was to Kelly about the reamers Bobby. I understand that you need your reamers there! Thanks for the A5 offer but I am going to build a single shot!

Yea darrel built one off of these as a single shot and just filled in the bottom. Worked out nice. What reamers were you interested in? I might have some extras here.

I am going to need reamers for a .375 snipetac. It really isnt that big of a deal I can get them from PT&G if need be. I allready spoke with them just haven't placed the order yet. I just thought if I could get some used in good condition it might be decent way to save a lil money!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.