.375 Berger Bullet?

I asked them not too long ago and they said they do not have current plans on production, especially a hunting version.

I asked Hornady the same thing, as there was mention of a .375 Amax in the works several years back. Same answer...no

From what it sounds like it has been deemed a niche market. That is unfortunate. And Sierra only offers their HPBT .375 in 350 gn?

A growing niche, not unlike the .338's were several years ago. I think as soon as a manufacturer (Berger, Hornady, Sierra) puts an affordable high BC hunting bullet on the market, it will sell in droves. Then the others will want to eat their share of the pie and join in.

inkballed,
Yes they only have the 350 grain Matchking. It's really not a slouch with a BC in the .8 range. I won't even count the lighter Gamekings as they do not play in the same ballpark. I would like to see a 375-400 grain tipped Matchking from them.

Last edited:
I agree! If there was a .375 Berger, I would likely own a Cheytac.

Yeah they are too busy trying to reinvent the .308 caliber bullet, at least that's what it seems like when you have 30 different ones in your lineup and come out with a new one every year.
Maybe one day...maybe
Personally I think they can't make said .375 bullet better than Hornady! (Let's see if the ole reverse psychology trick gets'em;))

I've been waiting for 8 years for a .375 hunting bullet, berger had plans to make one but now says no. I got tired of waiting and am rebarreling to a 7mm for now.

From what it sounds like it has been deemed a niche market. That is unfortunate. And Sierra only offers their HPBT .375 in 350 gn?

The 350gr SMK is a great bullet; I shot a lot of them out of my 375 BME. If you took them time to trim and point the meplats on them I'm sure they'd do a great job. I never had problems with them out to around 2500 yards

The 350gr SMK is a great bullet; I shot a lot of them out of my 375 BME. If you took them time to trim and point the meplats on them I'm sure they'd do a great job. I never had problems with them out to around 2500 yards
It's a very hard bullet to get to expand on game.

"The Berger Prototype .375 bullet that I have had the honor of working along side Bryan Litz to develop performed phenomenally at the 2016 King of 2 Miles match," says Mitch. "The ballistic performance of this bullet is unmatched and it offered great precision in my rifle, consistently grouping sub-half MOA."

This bullet was in the 400 grain class.

"The Berger Prototype .375 bullet that I have had the honor of working along side Bryan Litz to develop performed phenomenally at the 2016 King of 2 Miles match," says Mitch. "The ballistic performance of this bullet is unmatched and it offered great precision in my rifle, consistently grouping sub-half MOA."

This bullet was in the 400 grain class.
Wasn't it a solid? That's already been done, we need more hunting bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.