.375 390 Grain ATIP

jbs2014

Has anybody done any testing with the Hornady 390 grain ATIP in a 375 Cheytac? Starting charge weight and COAL would be helpful if you have it.

I called Hornady and believe it or not they had no data for the bullet at all. Not even COAL. Who releases a bullet without any data at all? It makes me question the bullets suitability and safety not to mention Hornady's overall QC process.

I am hearing that these bullets like to be .100 off the lands. I am also hearing that 140 grains of H50BMG is max for them in Peterson.375 Cheytac brass.

Anybody else have experience with these bullets in .375 Cheytac?

Who releases a bullet without any data at all? It makes me question the bullets suitability and safety not to mention Hornady's overall QC process.
Who would buy a new bullet without first checking for data? My Hornady manual doesn't even list the Cheytac much less the bullet.
According to quickload, at a COL of 4.515", 143 gr H50BMG is max. I dont have enough details about your setup to be more accurate so back off and work up

Last edited:
Desert Tech HTI, 1:10.5" 29" barrel. With that bullet my CBTOL is 3.232 and COAL is 4.354. If the .100 off the lands is true my COAL would be about 4.254" and CBTOL would be 3.132". Would 143 grains of H50BMG be max at those lengths?

Desert Tech HTI, 1:10.5" 29" barrel. With that bullet my CBTOL is 3.232 and COAL is 4.354. If the .100 off the lands is true my COAL would be about 4.254" and CBTOL would be 3.132". Would 143 grains of H50BMG be max at those lengths?
I just bought a new 375 Cheytac. Im wanting to know what Press are you using?and can you set you new brass and bullet straight in the press or do you have to feed the bullet up into the die and start from there?I was looking at a RCBS Summit or a Lee Classic Cast 50 BMG press.
Im using Peterson Brass, 50 BMG powder and 427grain Cutting Edge Bullets. Thanks,