375/06 help

krinkansas

I bought a guys entire collection of TC Encore pistols and I'm not really a pistol guru. None the less in that collection there was a 375/06 JDJ. I am headed to Kodiak this fall for a brown bear and I thought I might take that along. I could use a bit of load advice if anyone is willing. PM me if you can get me started down the right path.

PM me if you have any interest in the other pistols..22 K hornet, 223, 30/06 JDJ, 338/06 JDJ or that 375...when I get back from AK

Several years ago I took a big brown bear with the 375/06 JDJ. The bear squared an honest 9' 10" with a skull measurement of 27 5/16. I was using a load recommended by JD with Hornady's 270 gr. Spire Point. Shot was 82 yards and this cartridge rocked him. Good luck with yours.

Several years ago I took a big brown bear with the 375/06 JDJ. The bear squared an honest 9' 10" with a skull measurement of 27 5/16. I was using a load recommended by JD with Hornady's 270 gr. Spire Point. Shot was 82 yards and this cartridge rocked him. Good luck with yours.
Any chance you'd share your load data?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.