.366 (9.3) bullet selection

baydog7

I'm shooting a 9.3 250gr Accubond at the moment. I was wondering if anyone knew of another 250gr bullet for the 9.3 that would perform well at long distance with a good BC?

I'm shooting a 9.3 250gr Accubond at the moment. I was wondering if anyone knew of another 250gr bullet for the 9.3 that would perform well at long distance with a good BC?

looks like midway has 30 choices for the 9.3mm. Some are heavier and some are rn however. I shoot both 35 cal and 37 cal, but I haven't gotten into 9.3mm yet. Tikka makes a 9.3mmx62 in lefty if I could get one imported, but they seem to think lefty's only like 270's and '06's.

Appreciate the input. I'm looking more for companies like cutting edge bullets, etc? ,people that would specialize in long distance performance. The 250gr Accubond that I'm shooting now at 2950fps, only has a BC of .494. It's the highest BC I can find. Is there any higher that anyone knows of? I would like to get a higher BC.

Appreciate the input. I'm looking more for companies like cutting edge bullets, etc? ,people that would specialize in long distance performance. The 250gr Accubond that I'm shooting now at 2950fps, only has a BC of .494. It's the highest BC I can find. Is there any higher that anyone knows of? I would like to get a higher BC.

Honestly,with that big of bore, you need to think heavier than 250gr to get the bc up over .500, and I don't know of enough interest in that bore for companies to go there. The 375 barely has enough interest. 35 cal does not; I'm in the same boat as you with my 35 whelen.
Your other choice with probably similar bc is barnes. Cutting edge makes a dangerous game bullet at 255 grain,but it's probably got the bc of a sheet of plywood.

Baydog7,

we make a variety of 9.3mm hunting bullets that you might want to take a look at. Not a lot of real long range shooting being done with the 9.3s, but this bore size is sort of the EU equivalent of the Brits .375, and fills roughly the same niche. Likewise, most of these bullets will be designed around decisive, short to medium range stopping power on large game.

Thanks Kevin. I do shoot some of your bullets, and my gun likes them very well. I will check out some of your other selections.

Thanks

Glad to help! The 9.3s finally seem to be getting some recognition here in the US, and there's some very interesting cartridges out there in this bore size. Steve Satern is now (has been for a while, actually) making 9.3 barrels, and I'm sure some other US barrel makers will follow along.

Besides, there's just something very "continental" about some of these chamberings, and hey, we ALL want cool points!

I would like to see them catch on as well. They seem to be pretty impressive. I'm shooting a 9.3x64, with a 27" barrel. That seems to help on my fps. The only draw backs I have are bullet and brass selection.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts