358 wsm/35 sambar

It won't disappoint if you do , just on Norma mag speeds in an action smaller than a 308 , it's one hell of a rifle!!goodluck! :)

But will they build a reamer off of a previous customer's print/dummy round?
without me sending in a dummy round?
Those reamer specs are owned by the customer. You have to get the reamer specs from the customer and send them in. They won't just give out other customers specs without that customers permission

That hasn't been my experience. A few years ago I was building a 6 mm BRA and asked the reamer company if they had any drawings? They sent me 3 drawings and I picked the one that best suited me..... On the other hand if a customer requests a drawing be proprietary, that's a different story.

That hasn't been my experience. A few years ago I was building a 6 mm BRA and asked the reamer company if they had any drawings? They sent me 3 drawings and I picked the one that best suited me..... On the other hand if a customer requests a drawing be proprietary, that's a different story.
I'm curious which BRA reamer you choose. I shoot 600 yard benchrest and love my 6 BRA. Best group out of my gun is 1.17" 5 shot group at 600 yards (shot by my 17 year old son). Happens to be a chamber that requires neck turning even though I am not necessarily a believer. Crazy how just mentioning 6 BRA gets me so sidetracked. Glad they provided you with some options there. I agree that it depends on if the customer is ok releasing the specs.

I built one a couple of years ago. I can't remember the free bore but I will look it up and post it here. I'm running 225 gr Sierra Gamekings at approx 2840 fps. It is impressive on elk.
That's 300 fps more than I could get out of my .358 Win. with that bullet. DRT on whitetails, though. I'm a little surprised that bullet didn't come apart for you going that fast.

I have a semi-custom Remington 700 (some bolt work, Trigger tech trigger etc.) and I had a gain twist 1;12 24 inch barrel installed, in 35 Whelen, cheap brass and reamers are everywhere. using 225 gr. Sierra Game Kings CFE 223 and Fed 210 primers, I comfortable get 2850 fps. I know you would like a Sambar, so would I but......

I just received my 358 Norma this year and absolutely love it, 225 Barnes TSX w/ 78 gr. RL 19 CCI mag primers at 2970 fps out of a 28" tube, hole puncher, if I could get that out of a 35 Sambar I would seriously consider owning one.
Good Luck and enjoy the journeys ahead.

I have a semi-custom Remington 700 (some bolt work, Trigger tech trigger etc.) and I had a gain twist 1;12 24 inch barrel installed, in 35 Whelen, cheap brass and reamers are everywhere. using 225 gr. Sierra Game Kings CFE 223 and Fed 210 primers, I comfortable get 2850 fps. I know you would like a Sambar, so would I but......
225gr Gamekings at 2850 sounds like a pretty hefty load??? Did you chrono that or were those stats taken from some load data? I use Barnes TSX bullets and get close to 2600 fps out of them. If the OP wants a .358 WSM have at it; however, I have found the 35 Whelen to be a tough one to beat. What I find people doing is reading a lot of hype about the various "new" cartridges on the market when there's some really great "ole" cartridges that will outperform the "new" cartridges at half the costs of the "new" cartridges.

I'm curious which BRA reamer you choose. I shoot 600 yard benchrest and love my 6 BRA. Best group out of my gun is 1.17" 5 shot group at 600 yards (shot by my 17 year old son). Happens to be a chamber that requires neck turning even though I am not necessarily a believer. Crazy how just mentioning 6 BRA gets me so sidetracked. Glad they provided you with some options there. I agree that it depends on if the customer is ok releasing the specs.

It was the JGS Print # 6 BR IMP 40. It shot well but I haven't finished tuning it. Other things got me sidetracked and it has been sitting for a little over a year. I'll get back to it someday.