350 yd. pronghorn... she hasn't missed in 10 years

Wow, Nate. What a great family hunt, nice photo's too. Hope you find that big goat at long range with calm conditions. By the way, the rifle you built for me is really stackin' em tight. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you are finding time to do some load development. Would love to see a picture of the rifle in the stock.

All the best,
308Nate

Thanks for all the kind words and yes, I agree The Lord has blessed me beyond measure. Not because of who I am, but because of who He is.:)

308nate

I ended my hunt Sunday morning. I had a perfect shot all set up at 700 yds. It was starting to mist, winds from 9' oclock averaging 12 MPH. Got it all dialed in and sent one on it's way........................ and missed by about and inch:( in front of the shoulders. Was quite discouraged,( these swirling winds can be frustrating to shoot in) hopefully I'm learing something. The herd got up and took off running. I let them cool off and had a hunch as to where they went. When I got to where I thought they would be, they were right there within 150 yds. They knew I was there and took off running, but stopped at approx. 500 yds. and were milling in a circle, the lead doe kept trying to lead them out, but the buck kept stopping her. she headed out a little way and stopped. I ranged her at exactly 500 yds. and that's when I took my shot. It was into a 12'oclock wind and the shot hit home, here is a pic.....Not the way I wanted, but we will be eating good this winter.

308nate

natesgoat-4.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.