350 legend reloading

hammer111

I bought the lee precision 3 die set for the 350 legend. thinking it came with a crimp die. To my surprise it didn't.
I planned on shooting tomorrow, so can I shoot without crimping.the tension on the bullet feels real good.
Should I even bother with a crimp die.

Won't the seating die crimp? I thought that was how Lee built their dies with crimp in the seating die.

I thought everyone had a 9mm taper crimp die but just realized you are thinking about rollcrimping into a caniler......turn the seating die down a tad ;-)

I thought everyone had a 9mm taper crimp die but just realized you are thinking about rollcrimping into a caniler......turn the seating die down a tad ;-)
You mean screw it down more. But wouldn't it seat my bullet deeper. Only been reloading a year.

The whole die?.....till it crimps to your likeing. I just take an empty case and turn die till it contacs the case for a starting point. You will have back the seating stem out accordingly. Exact case length is criticle when you crimp with the seating die

Check this video out. He says you have to get a different crimping die.

Jason

You mean screw it down more. But wouldn't it seat my bullet deeper. Only been reloading a year.

after you seat one to the right length, back out the seating stem and screw the die in until you like the results.....then turn the stem down to touch the bullet and final adjust until perfect.

The only crimp die that i trust from lee is the factory crimp die. Actually it's probably the only crimp die i
would use. If you have a 3 die set, I'm willing to bet if you went to the website, it will tell you it's sold seperately. I would just buy it. It's like $20.
As for if crimps are necessary, I like crimps on ARs if that's what you're using. There's some violent movements in the bolt cycle, and I'm not one to buy a million things and create a longer then necessary process to get "the perfect neck tension" for something I'm going to blow through in 2 minutes. That's just me though.

Son of a bitch. Now I need a crimp die that should have come in the set.
I can see now why I need it. Without it ill run into problems in the throat.
So guess what I'm going to do now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts