.35 Remington??

kc

Who uses a .35calibre (Remington)rifle and how do you like it?

I have one and it just works great when I need to hunt a swamp.

thats my dads gun of choice for the last 40 years. Dont think he has ever lost one with it. Not good for more than about 100-150 yards but if you hit them they are dead.

my only use of the 35 Remington is in a T/C. It'll take take deer out to 200 yards off a rest. But I like the .357 Herrett better in a hand gun
gary

I love my Marlin 35 Rem. Load it with 200 gr RN's and deer die. I agree, it is a 150 yd gun tops as far as trajectory. Recoil is mild and mine is quite accurate, less than 1.5" at 100 yards.

Who uses a .35calibre (Remington)rifle and how do you like it?

I have one and it just works great when I need to hunt a swamp.

I have aquiered a JM marked Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. It is in neer-Pristeen condition. I am having a hard time finding reload data for the 180gr speer spsj. I chose that bullet because I think the 200 and up grains are a bit too much. I am using IMR 4064 and Hodgdon BL-C (2) for powder.
When compairing load date which is quite slim with these powder, I find discrepancys with MAX LOAD. some state 43.0gr BL-C (2) is max load and others state 39.0gr of same is max load. Yet other data states 39.0gr is showing excess preshure. I have been reloading since 1978 and never have i found such confusing information! Anyone out there know what is right and what is wrong?

Used one hunting Blacktails and Roosevelt elk. Didn't reload but found later that the Hornady Leverevolution is the way to go

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.