33xc or 37xc

Has anyone actually tried to do load work ups for the 37xc using Re26 or Re23...viht560 or v565? I realize the 33xc needs a bit slower powder b/c its bore is smaller,but with such a wide range of bullet weights it seems like powders slower than H1000 would work well with the heavier weight. 375cal bullets. Like the viht570 or even the v24N41,and Re33.Any real world stats?

we built the 41xc and found that rl 26 works well and our go to powder for 37xc with bullets 350 grain and bigger n570 has proved very good rl 26 might work with small bullets although they are both high energy double base powders and a full case of n570 would be hard to beat

The Re26 is a good bit faster than v570,much closer to H1000 than v570. What's your charge weight with the v570 with 352gr ,377gr 407gr? I'm running the. 250 freebore...what coal at those bullet weight combinations? Also, have you tried retumbo, 8133 or Re33? Thnx!

rl33 30inch 8 twist 130 grain 350 ceb lazers 3070 123 grains 425 lazers 2950 vv570 125 grain 350 lazers 3160 122 grains 425 lazers 2990 rl26 118 grains 350 lazers over pressure 3000 if remenber correctly stopped there to fast a powder for good performance

Thanks,good to know...just a guess but I'm pretty sure that wherever Re26 is a plausible choice, using v560 instead would provide a better fill % and more velocity. The cutting edge mtac 352gr bullet isn't a super high b.c. bullet @ .432 g7 but I've found that when loaded to the sealtite band it offers nearly 100% case fill capacity with several powders and since it's not too long it provides a good stability when transferring through transonic into subsonic when spun through a faster twist barrel. It does have the sealtite band more towards the tail of center construction but for whatever reason I haven't had it go crazy unstable & tumble at transonic. I'm working with the berger 407gr solids now and was curious about all the powders b/c of that. D.Tubbs has suggested much faster powders than I thought were appropriate for the heavier grain projectiles. But I haven't seen any data from him with bullets heavier than 366grain ,which is why I was hoping for real world data from others working on loads for the 37xc using the heaviest bullets for .375 cal...Thanks again for the info!

Yes, he claims every one that has come into his shop has setback issues. Cant imagine why a man involved with Savage for so many years would make a thing like that up.
Apparently it's not a bolt issue, but the area supporting the bolt lugs he feels is the cause. But of coarse there were a few people claiming they have not experienced any issues, and arguing as to why Savage would continue to sell them.
It's savage their product is perfect anyone with problems is just wrong! That's why I abandoned the savage long ago! Thanks to customer service I'll never speak good on savages!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.