338RUM Dies for long range shooting?

wasgas

I am still pretty new to long range shooting and reloading both, what dies do I need for 338 Ultra Mag for long range shooting. I have told that the standard $35 dies will not be good enough. I intend to use the gun for long range hunting 300-1200 yard ranges.

I produce just as good ammo with a set of 35.00 dies as I do my 250.00 set of Redding dies. I do like the Redding bushing dies, because I like to have the ability to have different neck tensions. You can also get a set of Lee collet dies that produce ammo as good as any.

I use the Hornady Custom grade #544389 it has a sleeve that holds the bullet straight while it is being seated in the case.
Tarey

I use standard RCBS 338 RUM dies that do so well that any increased cost for what little improvement is possible would be senseless. I couldn't ask for any more consistency and accuracy that my current 338 system provides.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts