338 XC, Snipetac, or EnABELR

I've read on here, people waiting for YEARS for their rifle to get done. I'm afraid I would have a hard time with that. I started this process in Feb. It's driving me nuts!

I've read on here, people waiting for YEARS for their rifle to get done. I'm afraid I would have a hard time with that. I started this process in Feb. It's driving me nuts!
I started this one in February and got nervous it was going to take over a year because of a barrel and brass, but lucked out was able to get a Brux fairly quickly. Than brass showed up on Tubbs site way sooner than Peterson said they were going to make some. Supply shortages delayed the stock. Still. It sure if I'll get to hunt with it this year, but that would just be a plus because I had no hope of that happening when I first started this project because of times I was quoted.

Having had a 338-378 Wby , I was really nervous about brass from only one manufacturer. I researched Peterson pretty heavily before I decided to move forward. When I called Superior Shooting, they said they were expecting a large shipment " any day, now, so call back ". I pestered them everyday for awhile. One day, Caden, his name was, said, no, they did not get their shipment in, but some one had returned a bag of 100pcs, did I want it ? So I got that 100, and a week later, he called me. Hey we got our shipment in, how many do you want ? So I got another 200. I figure I got enough brass to last me the rest of my life ! Prolly not really, but it'll be awhile before I need any more. That is, it'll last a long time, if I can't shoot it!!!! Another week has gone by, and still no " Your rifle is done" call. Maybe next week......

Having had a 338-378 Wby , I was really nervous about brass from only one manufacturer. I researched Peterson pretty heavily before I decided to move forward. When I called Superior Shooting, they said they were expecting a large shipment " any day, now, so call back ". I pestered them everyday for awhile. One day, Caden, his name was, said, no, they did not get their shipment in, but some one had returned a bag of 100pcs, did I want it ? So I got that 100, and a week later, he called me. Hey we got our shipment in, how many do you want ? So I got another 200. I figure I got enough brass to last me the rest of my life ! Prolly not really, but it'll be awhile before I need any more. That is, it'll last a long time, if I can't shoot it!!!! Another week has gone by, and still no " Your rifle is done" call. Maybe next week......
For the brass I just went off the fact that Tubb decided to use them, so I figured the brass would work, as long as they made regular runs with it. I'm just trying to decide if I should use just 100 or all 200 I got with this first barrel.

I've got 60 ready to roll..... I didn't weight sort, tho. I thought about taking 10 or so, and see how many loads I can get. Tubb stated he loaded one case 20 times. That's pretty amazing. I had a hand full of cases for the Wby that went that far. 15 or so, out my original 60 Norma cases. Not a very high ratio. And at twice the cost ! I'm excited to experience this 33XC !

Got the rifle. Painting the stock at the moment, but here is a quick look.
8163F6ED-004D-4106-8636-731A21735EBD.jpeg