338 winmag or Lapua?

if you are going to build a custom rifle and spend the money to do it wright. i can't see where not going with a rifle that is the best in its class. they will cost the same to build. but say you time and money in the long run you will already have the top in its class. so the next time you can go strait to a full custom rifle,action and every thing. my next one is going to be a 338AM. soon as kirby finishes my 338-300rum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif we all know big is not big enough. if you don't believe me ask any woman
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree with Kirby on this 100% and I am a .338 win mag fan. To me the .338 case is probably ideal with a 225 grain slug, and to me the .338wm in a carry rifle with a 225 grain bullet is about the best light carry 600 yard elk gun you can get....But for longer range there is much better.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts