338 Win Mag Black Talon

JohnnyT3

Ok guys, A guy owed me some money and didn't have it all so he also traded some things. One being some Black Talon 338 WM rounds. 5 boxes, 100 rnds.

I figured I'd take them since I have a 338 WM.

Can you guys tell me if these are decent rounds and if I should sell them or just put them through the pipe?

Thanks as always!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep them, store them safely, don't use them. They're collectors items now, since Winchester got put under fire back in 94 over the Black Talon pistol ammo, and because of the media crap-storm, they discontinued them.

I would love to find a few boxes of Black Talon .308 Win ammo just to keep. I have a complete box of .40 S&W Black Talons that I found in a car we bought when I was a kid. Still have them in my safe...I don't even own a .40, but I won't sell them.

They are awesome on heavier game elk size abd bigger .They will zip through deer unless you shoot both shoulders .They use to use them in Africa alot .I would hunt with them and fill your freezer awesome loads !

Awesome load, high collector value. They are deadly. Winchester came out with them in what they felt was the ideal bullet weight for each caliber. I had some in a 40 cal that I once owned. Gave into to selling all I had when they got super expensive and paid for other stuff I needed. Its too bad as they shot very well out of my 7mm BAR as well as my Glock.

That's good to know. I had a local guy offer me $100 per box but I said I'd let him know. I may hold on to them for a while.

Did a quick google check and found that ammo for sale at 129.99 a box.

I was just fixing to say, about $150 a box is where I'd start considering selling them... $200+ is where I'd strongly consider selling them.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.