338 win mag, 300 win mag, or 300 weatherby mag?

I had a 243 WSSM in my mind for quite a while, pulling out my notes I'd smack a bull at 700 yards with it and a 115 Berger, at my elevation it should get there over 2000fps and 1100 ft lbs of energy and no bulls going to take that through the ribs and shake it of. The thing that hurts it is the brass is so dang thick it seems to be hard to keep in the accuracy with them without a lot of brass work and there are no brass options so I didn't end up building one.

It was first the 338 win mag, then 7mm rem, then 340 weatherby, then 300 win mag, then either 7mm wsm, 7mm rsaum, or 264 win, and now 243 wssm. You change your mind more than my Mom when she is picking paint colors. LOL :rolleyes:

i was kidding about everything up the the 7mm rem mag. Its that or the 338.

Thank You ALL for your time, advice, and inputs. I now have the information I need to see my project through and will not need for anyone to further waste their time on this question. When I get the project finished, I will make a post, with perhaps a few photos, and let everyone know how it all turned out. Yours Most Sincerely, banjo318

The weatherby has a bit more case neck so you may get more barrel life. The 338 WM might run a little slowish for LR stuff? The WM. Well I had one and loved it. Having it re barreled to 338 Edge. You'll run into cambering issue with the belted cases after a few re loadings. I have a body die that resides the area just above the belt. The name of which escapes me now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.