.338 Tomahawk,What is it?...

smack

Is it a improved .338 Ultra Mag?..If not what cartridge is it based on.I was thinking of having another rifle built but keeping this one around 12lbs.But I have not decided on a caliber yet several have come to mind but nothing I'm set on.

Thanks.
Landon.

Landon,

I beleive there is no "actual" word for 338 Ultra Imp. yet. Some of them made up the name for it. You could say I did make up the word "338 Tomahawk". I'm using this word as a temporary.
Actually a gunsmith is getting a reamer for 338 Ultra Mag Imp. and wait to hear what he calls it. I don't think 338 Ultra Mag brass will be used, only 300 RUM brass and expand the neck to .338 plus lift the shoulder to 35 deg.
Maybe I could be wrong about this or I haven't got the update news yet.
-Denny
300 Tomahawkallthewaaay

Hello

I don't know why my original post concerning this didn't get on.

The Tomahawk as I know it, and own one, is the 300 RUM improved to hold 8 or 9 grs more powder over the 300 RUM and also has 35 degree shoulder as an improvement.
This is the 300 Tomahawk.

I don't know if someone has thought up the 338 Tomahawk but, it would be the same case dimensions as the 300 only the neck would be a .338" instead of the .308".
I guess one could call it the 338 Tomahawk if thery wanted to.

Darryl

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.