.338 Titan Lazzeroni vs. Lapua improved

300spanker

I recently picked up a lazzeroni warbird. and with the bolts face being the same for the Titan or Lapua improved i am trying to decide which way to go. Any thoughts on brass, accuracy, velocity differences. The price of brass or the need to buy new lazzeroni brass more often is not an issue for me. wondering also if titan is a little faster, because of a little more case capacity, but lapua may be alittle more efficient???? Thanks,gun)

I would do the lapua because of the availability of products for it vs the less popular lazeroni. I have never worked with the lazeroni but velocity reports I have seen from people who own them are not faster than the lapua improved. All the big 338's are so close individual barrels make more difference than anything. Just not going to find anything that is going to jump way out front unless you go to the chey-tac case.

thanks for the input. the gun i bought was the sako trg-s 1995 production of the warbird. i think after visiting with a lot of people i will go with the 338 lapua improved, i dont want the 338 snipe tac or allen mag, my brother has the snipe tac, awesome gun, but no extra cash right now.thanks.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.